Chapter 35: S.F July 18th

July 13, 2017

It's been a couple months so I'll catch you guys up. We're having a boy! Ben and I are really excited about having a little boy. I know absolutely nothing about boys but I also know nothing about parenting so...yay? Oh and of course Corey and Meg had their little boy Elliott! Who is absolutely adorable. They also made us his godparents.

Today Ben and I were going to another doctors appointment.

-when they're at the doctors appointment-

The doctor had a concerned look on her face. "What? What's wrong?" I asked her. "um this isn't my specialty so I'm going to go find someone who can read these scans." she said before getting up.

I looked over to Ben. "That was a little weird." I said. He chuckled and said "Yeah it was weird." The doctor was gone for a while and of course my anxiety wasn't helping. "Do you think somethings wrong with the baby and that's why she left?" I asked Ben. "That's probably not what's happening. Just don't worry babe. We'll be fine." he said, holding my hand. Ben was always so good at this whole comforting thing. I'm so lucky to be married to him- hell I'm so lucky to even have him in my life at all.

Our doctor walked back in with another doctor. "Is there something wrong?" I asked, slight smile. "We found something on your ultrasound that could be something major. We just want to run some tests. Is that okay with you guys?" our new doctor asked.

My heart dropped down to my stomach. "Yeah- yeah of course it's fine." I said, reaching for Bens hand. Ben looked distraught. The doctors left the room.

Tears started falling from my eyes. "Do you think somethings seriously wrong?" I whispered to Ben. Bens eyes were also teary-eyed. "I don't know Ally." he whispered back to me. He pulled me close to his chest and kissed my head. I felt his tears fall on my shoulder.

A couple minutes later the doctors came back in with the test. The test they had was basically sticking an 10 inch kneedle in my stomach. I was nervous about this test, not about the actual kneedle part but because of what the results could be.

"So what do you think it could be?" I asked them. "Excuse me?" "What do you think could be wrong with the baby?" I asked again. "We think it could be Osteogenesis Imperfecta." Dr. Herrman said. "What is that?" Ben asked. "It's this thing where the babys bones could break easily. Right?" I asked.

"Yes." She confirmed. "Okay we've run all the tests and we'll get the results in about two days. We'll see you then." Dr Robbins said. "Okay thank you." I said while getting off the examining table. The doctors left the room to give me time to change back into my street clothes.

Bens face looked so innocent, he looked distraught, and sad. I cupped his face in my hand, "We're going to be fine Ben. We don't even know if he has O.I. yet. If he does there are four different types of O.I. type three and four are the riskiest as long as he doesn't have those we'll be fine. O.I. is very hard to deal with but we can take it. Okay?"

Our foreheads were pressed against each others. "Okay?" he said. I kissed his forehead softly and whispered "We'll be fine."

July 15, 2017

Today was the day Ben and I were going to find out if our baby boy has O.I. or not. Ben and I were extremely nervous for the results. Last night Ben didn't sleep at all so I stayed up with him the whole night.

Ben and I were in the car waiting to go inside. "Are you ready yet babe?" I asked him. "No what about you?" he asked. "No but I'll go in if you go in." I said as he grabbed my hand. He kissed my hand and said "Let's go in." We got out of the car and walked in.