Chapter 38

March 20th, 2018

12:00 PM

Ally and Bens apartment

Bens Pov

I came home from work early today. Ally is four months pregnant now. We still haven't told anyone since we've both been so busy. Ally, working on her book, which seemed to be going very well... or at least that's what she's been telling me. I've been working on a couple of things but I haven't been as busy as Ally.

Ally wasn't at the apartment which would usually mean that she'd be at work. But today was her day off...

I rushed inside the apartment. "Ally? Ally! Are you here?!" I called out while searching every room of our small apartment.

Allys Pov

Something bad was happening, or at least I think. This whole day I'd been feeling things in my stomach. (edhebdhnd) After everything that happened last year I started overthinking. So I rushed over to the hospital forgetting to call Ben.

I walked into the hospital and asked for Dr. Robbins. She took me in for an exam. She left the room for a while so I called Ben really quickly.

A: Ben?

B: Ally? Where are you? I've been looking all over for you! Are you okay?

A: Ben, I'm in the hospital... I- I think somethings wrong.

B: What? W- What hospital?

I told him the name of the hospital and hung up.

Bens Pov (Yes I know we're switching povs a lot but it's just for dramatic effect.)

I just got off the phone with Ally and ran to my car. I dialed Karas number and put her on speaker.

K: Hey Ben! What's up?

B: Ally's in the hospital. She's four months pregnant but we didn't to tell anyone because of everything that happened last year with Samuel.

K: She's in the hospital? What's wrong?! Where is she?!

B: She's in-

everything went black.

Karas Pov

K: Ben? Ben?! Are you there?!

-call failed-

My baby sister is pregnant and in the hospital. I don't even know where Ben is or if he's alive.

There's only two hospitals that are really close to Ben and Allys apartment. I asked Kevin if he could drive because I was too worried about my friend and my sister. I tried calling Ben. "He won't answer!" I said in frustration. "K, Honey, relax. He's probably already at the hospital with Ally." Kevin said, trying to calm me down. I put my phone away and said "No. The call got cut off and I heard something in the background. I don't know what it was but I know Ben wouldn't randomly hang up on me after telling me that my little sister is pregnant and in the hospital!"

"She's pregnant?!" Kevin said. "Four months. They didn't want to tell us anything because of what happened last year with Samuel. And I get that but she could've told me." I said, running my hands through my hair.

"Okay we're here, we're here." We got out of the hospital and ran in. "I'm looking for Allison Lindsay- I mean Fankhauser. Is she here?" I asked the lady at the front desk. "take a seat in the waiting room." she said. "I'm not going to take a seat! I need to know where my little sister is!" I yelled.