64 - The Red Box

Zac's P.O.V

I throw the diamond ring to the floor in anger. I can't believe she broke up with me. I still love her, and i will never stop. I wanted to seal the deal and propose. Not like I wanted to marry her now or anything. But being engaged would make our love even more meaningful. But.. For now I need to forget about her. I have basketball to worry about. The drive to NYB is long, tiring.. Really makes me think. I pull over and check all my messages that I had ignored on the road.

Cleo ❤️
Zac you know I love you more than anything. I'm so sorry. I didn't break up with you because I wanted to. It's what I thought was best. With you being so far away, I didn't want to you worry about me. You need to worry about you. Love you forever 😘

I put my phone down and order a bigmac and fries. I'm so hungry. Only 3 more hours to drive. I think about the text from CeCe. She's right, she did this for me...

{Cleo's P.O.V}
I walk home with tears down my face. I feel terrible. What have I done? I text Zac before eating nachos on the couch infront of the TV. Luckily Breaking Bad is on and I can forget about my life for a while.

*next day*

I fell asleep on the couch and woke up with a huge headache. I pop some aspirin and have a long shower. I can't stop hurting. The pain, I miss him, I miss us.

I put on some blue ripped skinny jeans and my red converse. I also wear my red sleeved white polo top and... I look at the floor to see one of Zac's Snapbacks. I put in on and instead of crying, I smile. At least I have something of his.

Cleo 😃
Hey Henly. Do you want to hang out today? X I really miss you. I'm inviting Eve as well. Meet at the mall infront of topshop in 20?

Cleo 🌟
Hey Eve. Do you want to hang out today? X I really miss you. I'm inviting Henly as well. Meet at the mall infront of topshop in 20?

{Eves P.O.V}

"Stop for a second" I pull my phone out of the back pocket of my jeans.

Dylan stops kissing me and rips his shirt off.

"Sorry Dyl.. Cleo." I sigh.

"Yeah what about her" he stands up and covers his abs whilst putting his hoodie on.

"She wants to hang out. She's probably lonely, you know? After th whole Zac thing"

"You are so sweet, you know that?" Dyl puts his hands on my waist and kisses me goodbye.

{Henlys P.O.V}
I wipe my tired eyes and reach over to my phone. Nash and I... It was our first time last night. It was perfect, and I could not ask for a better boyfriend.

"Hey babe" I kiss him goodmorning.

"That was the best night Henly." He smiles kissing me back.

"Sorry, I really what to hang out with you today, but Cleo needs me" I smile getting dressed and brushing my hair.

"Love you" he smiles hugging me on my way out.

"Love you more"

{Cleo's P.O.V}

I take the red box and get the courage to open it. I pull out the envelope with 'Shooter x' written on it. That's what my dad used to call me.

It's a lakers shirt signed by all the players and new nikes. I swap my converse immediately and try them on. They're high tops. Purple and Fluro purple on the outside and Fluro orange on the bottom and Blue on the inside. I hang the shirt up in my closet and push it to the side so it doesn't get ruined. I am framing it.

These are the coolest shoes I've ever owned. I open the letter and breathe heavily. Here it goes.

To my beautiful daughter

Happy 16th Birthday. I hope you like the gifts. WNBA is all we ever talked about and I hope you follow your dreams and stay positive. I know you've been through a lot in your life so far. Being homeschooled was a big step, and I was so proud of you. I'm writing this from your bedroom whilst you're asleep. Getting the courage to leave. I don't want to leave Cleo, I hope you understand. You are old enough now to now why I can't stay.

As you know Cleo I work for the government. It's not my say where I get placed. For the sake of Monique, yourself and your mother. I left. I was in a lot of danger at the time. The case I was working would have put you in a lot of danger. I'm writing this to tell you where I am. I am not an hour away, I'm in newyork. The case should be solved soon, and people will be imprisoned. By the time you open this, all will be well. I know you've dreamt of NYB. When the time is right, scholarship or not, I will pay for you to move out here. You're mother will need to read this after you. I love you Shooter. I love you Mo Mo. I love you Pammy. I will see you all soon ... Love Tyler/ Dad

I put the letter down in shock. So my parents aren't getting a divorce. I read the date at the top. This was written 6 months ago. I realize I'm going to be late to see Eve and Hen. So I quickly grab my phone, purse and bag. I put the letter in there to keep it close to me. It's still sinking in.

Whilst I'm on the bus. I think. Will mum ever let me move out to Newyork?

Wait...NYB.. Zac

I choke on my spit, how could I have only just noticed.

---------------------------------
A/N
Hey guys. Hope you are all enjoying the story. I can't believe its chapter 64!!