87 - Epilogue

I could say a million things, but most of all thankyou for those who supported me through this experience. Waiting anxiously for the next chapter and begging for more. Now it's come to an end, I hope I've done it justice 😘

-------------------------

15 years later ...

{Cleos P.O.V}

"Z did you vacuum the living room?" I yell to Zac who is still in bed I assume. Pretty much a year after we got married, Zac was hired to play for the lakers.. Which bought in great money. Today we , as well as the family, are celebrating his 300th game and his last game actually. Being 36, he's considered late to retire.

"Honey, Flynn won't let me" Zac whispers smiling as my beautiful baby boy rests of his chest. I played WNBA for about 3 years after our wedding, then suddenly I fell pregnant with our eldest. 4 kids later here I am, an at home mom with a just retired husband. I slowly lift 9 month old Flynn from Zac's bare chest, as Flynn nuzzles his head into the crook of my neck I slap Zac's bum as his stands up stretching.

"Vacuuming now" I wink walking out to place Flynn in his nursery in the room closet to ours. This is a 7 bedroom house and has 5 bathrooms. Such a great family home. "Sage!!" I yell, as I pick yet another guitar pick off the hallway floor. "What mom?" My 10 year old daughter groans, walking weary eyed out of her bedroom as I place the pick in her hand. She smiles cheekily at me as I give her the eyes to not do it again. She is the musical one of the kids. I think she got that off Zac, she plays guitar, piano, the flute and of course can sing. Sage has those beautiful deep blue eyes with swaying chestnut brown hair, about shoulder length. She's definitely a daddy's girl, she has Zac wrapped around her little finger. And weirdly she has no interest in being involved in basketball what so ever.

I hear the vacuum cleaner finally. I go into the kitchen and start preparing lunch, with Flynn not sleeping a lot at night.. The Efron family usually just eats lunch at around 11 instead, on weekends of course. On school days I don't know how I do it, luckily the school bus stops right in front of our house. I start mixing pancake batter and decide that would be the best choice, with guests coming at 1pm, I had to make breakfast snappy so the house could be cleaned and the kids could look presentable.

"Boys, come down here please." I yelled up stairs, there's a lot of yelling in this house. My twin boys, Nash and Dylan come rushing down the stairs and struggle to sit on the stools as they are just reaching a reasonable height. Of course named after Zac and I's best friends is my gorgeous identical twins, 7 years old. They inherited my green eyes and once again Zac's beautiful hair, except a few shades lighter than Sage's. Nash's hair is shorter of the sides and quaffed, exactly like his dad's, where as Dyl prefers a longer hair cut much like Justin Bieber's old look.

"Mrs. Barker told me you didn't do any work in class last week guys! What did I say? Only extra coaching if you do your school work" I sighed showing them a letter I received from their teacher. Much like Zac and I, they are obsessed with Basketball. Even at 7 they live and breathe it, but it does impact their school work.

Zac walks in the kitchen wearing nothing but boxers. "Zac come on" I laugh kissing him good morning, "mom, dad.. Yuck" Nash and Dyl say covering each others eyes. We laugh at their immaturity, what more could you expect from 7 year olds. Sage walks down stairs humming a tune as usual and takes a seat at the bench on a stool. "Gees Dad, get naked on us" she laughs, I admire her from her dark humor.. Some of the things that come out of that childs mouth.

"Now Zac, can you please talk to your boys about their grades, no work done last week" i poured some of the batter into my pan. I heard the whispering quietly, but I could hear well,

"How's your lay ups boys? Been working on your jumpshots?" Then I hear them all high five.

I turn around from the stove and they all pull the same face, I can't help but laugh, it's priceless. I hear Flynn crying and sigh, I got very little sleep last night. "I got it babe" Zac kisses my fore head. "Ewww" Zac said taking the piss as he ruffles Dylan's hair.

I set the table and finish off the pancakes and we all sit down and wait for Zac to return with Flynn, my youngest. He looked identical to Zac's baby pictures with beautiful blue eyes and curly blonde hair.

"Zac take him out of that" I laugh as Zac brings Flynn in wearing a onesie saying " I love my dad", Zac kisses Flynn's cheek and puts him in the high chair. "We agreed never to be 'those' parents" I shook my head serving everyones pancakes.

"Sweet heart phones away" Zac smiles at Sage. She's going through that's stage of being addicted to technology and "youtube is her life" (direct quote). She puts it down and we all enjoy breakfast (at 11am).

2 hours later

Everyone will be here soon and I'm rushing around to the kids rooms and making sure all their toys are away and not in the hallways.

"Boys inside" I smile to the twins playing one on one in the yard. Zac feeds Flynn whilst I'm changing and then I take him whilst Zac gets ready. I take Flynn into the living room and place him in his play pen, asking Sage to watch them as I finish the dishes.

The door bell rings and I shake my hand anxiously drying them with a teatowel. "I've got this sweets" Zac rushes past me and opens the door.

"Hey man" Zac greets Nash at the door and Henly by his side with their two kids. They eventually figured out their lives separately and got back together 10 years ago. Their two kids, Zac being 8 and Isla 6. Isla identical to Henly and Zac to Nash.

"Hey Hen" Zac kisses her cheek. "Hey Junior" Zac high fives the son Nash named after him and picked him up. Everyone comes in to greet me and the kids run off into the living room to play with Flynn. Shortly after Dylan and Eve arrive, they married 5 years after us and only have one daughter, and her name is JC. Which stands for Joelle Cleo (Cleo being her middle name), I was so flattered. And she is 6 just like Isla.

"Hey mini me" Dylan rushes into see the kids and picks up Dylan first. "Hey uncle dyl" he laughs as Dylan tickles him.

Zac's dad, Dave was next to arrive all the kids surrounding him as he always has gifts. He's adopted Nash and Henly's kids as his grandkids too which is sweet. Then it was my mom and dad, back together since two years ago, I love seeing my parents back together.

We are all relaxing when I hear a knock at the door, late as usual.

"Hey Moe" I hug my now 24 year old little sister holding her small 3 week old baby, named Ollie after her husband. Ollie walks in behind holding all the baby bags.

"Hey Cleo" he smiles hugging me then greeting everyone else.

We all gather in the living room again and all the kids attention turns to Ollie. I love family events like this.

After a while we all gather on the veranda and the kids go swimming as I sit hand in hand with Zac at the table.

"We did it" Zac smiles cutely,

"Did what?" I laugh pecking his hand.

"This" he puts his hands in the air in a spiritual way.

Yeah maybe he's had a few to drink but what he said made sense.

I met this man when I was 15 and now I'm sitting here married to him with 4 incredible children, my nieces and nephews and brother Dyl and Moe of course. I could not have drawn a better card for life. I got exactly what I wanted.

----------------
THE END
----------------