[*Chapter Twelve*]

Shortly after leaving Damon, Darcy headed home for a seriously needed hot shower and clean clothes

Shortly after leaving Damon, Darcy headed home for a seriously needed hot shower and clean clothes. She texted Stefan to let him know she was fine and now at home. Just as she was slipping on her leather jacket, the front door slammed open, followed by pounding feet on the stairs, and then her bedroom thrown open.

Love you too, Steffy. She whispered, knowing he can hear. He could have bought her another ten minutes, but nope, she's Darcy, and this is how things role, on Darcy's show.

Pissy, Elena stood in the doorway glaring the evilest look she could conjure. "Out now. You're coming with us, and then you can explain how you know Stefan and Damon are vampires." She commanded in a sharp voice.

Oops, someone's pissed.

Darcy stood up straight, eyebrows lifted at her tone. "I don't know whom you think you are talking to like that, but I suggest you fix your attitude before I do it for you." She snatched her phone off the bed, jostling past Elena and clobbered down the stairs, grabbing her keys off the side table by the door. "If I'm being forced to tag along then we're taking my car." She stated not giving a crap of the daggers her sister shot at her back and got into her Range Rover.

"You can also explain the whole hunter thing." Elena began again in her annoying voice.

"You ain't getting jack shit with that approach," Darcy asserted, sending Stefan an apologetic peek, before asking where they were going and backing out of the driveway. "I'll tell you later, along with Jeremy. He deserves to know too."

After ten minutes of sitting in the stifling car, Stefan spoke up. "Stop here." The hunter fulfilled as told, parking and killing the engine. Darcy stepped out of the vehicle looking around at the scenery in awe, while Elena climbed out with a look of distaste. She wasn't sure where they were...but looked to be some kind of ruins with a dilapidated house.

"What are we doing here?" Elena questioned, confused.

"A house?" Darcy looked at Stefan questionably.

Stefan glanced between the girls. "I wanted to show you both something."

The began to walk away from the car. "In the middle of nowhere?" Elena asked cynically.

Stefan stopped next to a brick column that was decaying from old age and gazed around sadness. "This didn't use to be nowhere. It used to be my home."

The hunter concluded she was right in assuming this was or used to be a house. She couldn't imagine what was going through Stefan's mind, having to watch his home change throughout the years to the point it was no longer a home, just fractured stone.

Elena looked back at what used to be a house, her face scrunching with displeasure. "It looks so..."

"Old?" Stefan finished. "It's because they are."

Darcy walked over, sensing his grief and sat down next him, flashing him a smile. "Tell us about your home Stef. There must have been tons of stories."