[*Chapter Thirty-One*]

From this point on, I'll be building Darcy's development with all of the characters, not just her family

From this point on, I'll be building Darcy's development with all of the characters, not just her family. So, I'll hope you'll enjoy some Darcy and Stefan time ♥️

~

The two wheels caressed the black tarmac while the chilly breeze blew down on her raven locks as she sped down the road. Fresh air flowed across her face, bringing the freshness of the day to air her senses. The last few days have been exhausting and far too emotional for Darcy to deal with, but she was not going to let Bonnie deal with it all on her own. Despite the witch having her family around her, the huntress knew she would rather have Darcy around, just to have that extra shoulder to cry on. Because she knew Darcy is always willing to provide comfort. Now that time has come to an end... It was time to go back home. And God knows what drama will greet her when she arrives.

Hell, would there even be a house left, with Jenna and Elena's terrible cooking skills? The Protectress snorts to herself, call it her overlarge ego or whatever, but she knows they would be lost without her. Darcy grinned as she approached her house. Her grin widened upon spotting Elena and Jenna outside on the porch. She revved and sped up the drive. Swinging her leg over the bike, she pulled off her helmet and tossed them a grin as they shot her unimpressed looks.

"Missed me?"

Jenna scoffed playfully, "No, why couldn't you stay away longer?" a small smile played on her lips as she fiddled with the house keys in her hand.

Darcy chuckled, walking up the porch steps and stopping in front of the pair, "Admit it, you'll be lost without me. I mean, I'm surprised I'm coming back to the house still standing."

Elena chuckled, "She's got the point, Jenna. Wasn't that why we've had take-out since she left?"

Darcy laughed, nodding her head in agreement, and sidestepped the slap coming from Jenna. "See? Elena gets it," she teased.

"Not even ten minutes in, and you're already ganging up on me? What happened to aunts above sisters, huh?"

"Aww, come on, Jenna! You know you're my favourite aunt-," Elena coughed, diverting the raven head and strawberry blonde's attention to her, "and sister."

"We're your only ones!" they exclaimed, with a deadpanned look.

"From another Mami and Papi!"

They all looked at each other before cracking up. Jenna wiped her eyes, drying her tears, "You're an idiot."

"An awesome idiot," she boasted with a smirk. She then crossed over the porch and sat next to Elena on the swing, setting her helmet on her lap, "So why are we all out here? And why do you have a mopey face, El?"

Elena sighed sadly, flipping her phone around in her hands. She looked down at her feet before glancing between the women, "It's Bonnie. I am worried. She's not been answering my calls."