[*Chapter Fifty-Eight - NEW*]

[Music PlayList]

[Music PlayList]

Arcade - Duncan Laurence

Forever - Lewis Capaldi

[Warning: Before we begin the final editions of this story. I want to say, whilst the day/night goes ahead, Fin, Kol, and Rebekah are still there watching as the scenes unfold. Imagine it like a movie being played. However, in their reality, it's like a form of sleep paralysis—they are technically asleep, but because the inner eye has unlocked—they can hear and see but cannot move or wake up (unless Klaus pulls the stick out of his arse and un-stakes them).

Therefore, if you, like I, have grown an attachment to Darcy, this is a warning before the traumatic events that will proceed.]

PS, I love you all <3

*•*[That Morning]*•*

"Yes, how does it work?" came the familiar voice of Mayor Lockwood.

"It's a high-pitched frequency that humans can't hear. Any vampires within a five-block radius will be incapacitated, exposing them. At that time, the Sheriff's deputies will inject them with vervain and bring them here when we finish them off."

"And you're certain they're attacking tonight?"

"I have a source. One of the vampires from the tomb confirmed the attack," John confirmed gleefully. "They want revenge for what our ancestors did in 1864. It makes us their target."

"We're taking an enormous risk. We're talking about our families, John!" Mayor Lockwood protested; anger and bewilderment were seeping into his tone.

"This is the only way to draw them out and kill them...all of them."

The door abruptly burst open, slamming against the wall, and Darcy stood in the doorway, her chest heaving with seething pants. "You fucking bastard! How could you? You were really going to hide this from me and set me up for ambush?"

"Darcella, you shouldn't be here," John attempts, setting down the device on the desk and rounding it to stop before her. He tried to soothe her, knowing the short fuse was a step away from blowing up. "This is the only way. All the vampires have to die."

"Well, that's a pity for you. You'll have to get through me first. I'm seriously questioning what the fuck is wrong with you. Are you so far gone that you're mentally incompetent? Or do you have like a few loose screws in that haughty head of yours?"

I mean, she couldn't blame him. His head did partake in a rather strenuous game of kick the ball.

"Language. I don't appreciate the tone you're speaking to me. Nothing is wrong with me, Darcella. I'm doing this for the Founding Families. I'm trying to protect them. This is the only way to out the vampires," John said in a condescending tone as if he were speaking to a child.