[*Chapter Eleven*]

Well isn't this awkward, finding your sister over her boyfriend's shoulder

Well isn't this awkward, finding your sister over her boyfriend's shoulder. Darcy could just imagine the thoughts flying around her sister's overworked sanity.

"What are you?" Elena demanded, she looked between the two felling different emotions, one in betrayal and the other as if he was nothing but a monster.

"You know," Stefan said as he placed Darcy on her feet but still keeping her behind him.

"No, I don't," Elena said, refusing to believe any of this was real.

"Yes, you do, or you wouldn't be here." Darcy piped up peering around Stefans stiff form.

"It's not possible. It can't be." Elena said, feeling as if her heart was going to jump out of her chest. She watched with a sinking feeling as Stefan glanced back to her sister, witnessing them have a silent conversation. Resentment manifested, watching their easy fluid movements. How can this be? When and why? Why her.

A few seconds later, the decision was made. Darcy shoved Stefan forward. He can fix his own mess.

Everything from this point was going to change, never to be the same again.

Stefan inhaled a deep breath and looked Elena in the eye. "Everything you know and every belief that you have is about to change...Are you ready for that?"

"What are you?" Elena asked her tone of voice growing in apprehension.

"I'm a vampire."

Panic flashed across Elena's face; her chest rose with each intake of heavy breathing, "I...I shouldn't have come." She said, backing away.

"No. Please," Stefan said, setting down the stake.

When did he get a stake? Must have been when he rushed upstairs, Darcy thought to herself.

"No. No." Elena ran down the driveway, causing the two to follow, Darcy cursing at Stefan when he appeared in front of her sister. "How did you do that?" She turned to the shorter girl, "And how could you not tell me? Your own sister? Did I not deserve to know, huh?"

"No, El, let me explain and then you'll understand why I never said anything. Please." Darcy pleaded. Elena shook her head in refusal. "Save it. I don't want to hear it."

"Please don't be afraid of me," Stefan tried, raising his hands in submission.

"Let me go," Elena said, looking between Darcy, Stefan and the car, thinking how she could escape.

"No. Elena, there are things that you have to know and understand." Stefan proceeded to beg, his eyes glossing over with unshed tears.

"Let me go!" She yelled. Stefan looked down at the girl he thought as his best friend, and for a second, he believed he felt his dead heart clench at the distraught crumbling of her usual flawless complexion.