[*Chapter Thirty-Four*]

"Darcy!" Jeremy exclaimed, shaking his screaming sister as she tosses and turns, getting tangled amongst the bedsheets. Wet strands of raven hair clung to her tear-stained cheeks. He frowns down at her distressed face, causing his heart to clench. "Darcy, wake up. Please."

"Henrik," she mumbles, scrunching her face in a pained expression. "Henrik. Save Henrik!" She knocks Jeremy's hands away, clutching at her head as sobs tear from her raw throat.

"Darcy! Wake up!" His shaking turns vigorously as he begins to panic. Not knowing what to do, he lays back down on his bed and wraps his arms around her. "Please, Darce! Tell me what to do. What do I do?!"

"No, no, no! Ni-Henrik! Henrik! It hurts. Make it stop, please..." she sobs in her sleep, hands grasping her skull desperately.

"NIK! HELP ME...NIK!" Suddenly her eyes fly open, body flings upwards. Screams tear from her throat as blood seeps from her ears and nose.

"Hey! Hey, it's okay, Darcy... Shit, Jenna. Help!" Jeremy screams and shoots up out of bed, snatching the box of tissues off his desk and rushing back over. He tilts her head back, pinches her nose and places the tissue upon top. Tears he held back trail down his face. His frame shakes with sobs, hating seeing her in this pained situation.

His bedroom door bursts open, smashing into the wall. "What? Is everything ok..." Jenna's words trail off upon seeing Darcy. "Omg, Darce!" She runs over, ignoring the blood; she embraces her Niece and burrows her into her chest.

The strawberry blonde glances at her Nephew, worry clouding her face. "Another?"

Jeremy sighs, nodding his head sadly. He rubs his nose, gazing down at his trashcan beside the bed. Full of crimson-stained tissues. "Third one, tonight," he whispers defeatedly. Feeling worthless, knowing there's not much they can do to help Darcy, but let the phases commence. He gazes at his Aunt. "What are we gonna do? How do we help her?"

Jenna sighs, releasing an arm to wipe at her eyes, helpless. She felt like a failure. The one who was always there, ready with an encouraging hand. The one who was at her side when she, at times she couldn't be the perfect guardian. But that was okay because Darcy was always there, telling her she didn't need to be perfect. She just needed to be the beautiful Jenna they know and love. Now here they are, and she can't do anything but sit beside her and watch her suffer.

Suffer with what? They don't know. The past few weeks have been draining and emotional. Every night, Darcy's night became a ritual. Wake up. Screams. Agonising pain. Tears and blood. Then she would sleepwalk into Jeremy's bedroom, climb into his bed and cling onto him and refuse to let go. Not that Jeremy minded; they used to do this when they were younger.

However, this was much different. They thought the episodes had stopped, that was until a few weeks ago. She would wake up multiple times during the night, screaming in agonising pain and clutching onto her head. Blood would sleep from her nose and ears. And when Darcy would awaken from the terror, her head became a reel of flashbacks and hushed whispers, murmurs, warnings. Warnings that something was coming. Something they were not aware of or prepared for. Again, this has been happening for a few weeks and numerous times throughout the night. Leaving Darcy, Jeremy and Jenna mentally, emotionally and physically exhausted. Yet, come morning, it's like nothing ever happened. Everything was back to normal, and she was her usually awesome and sarcastic self.

A groan alerts them back to the present. The brunette boy and older woman glance down at the girl. Darcy blinks, fixing her sight on the two and observes their expressions. She moans, flopping down on the bed and throws an arm over her face. "It happened again, didn't it?" she whispers soullessly and begins to wallow in self-pity, then remembers the stress she's putting her family through. The raven-head removes her arm, peering up at them. "I'm sorry, Jer, Jen. I'm sorry for putting you in this position."