[*Chapter Forty-Two*]

All I can say is brace yourself 😈

"Are you sure you're okay?" Elena asked from the passenger seat in Darcy's car as the dusky huntress drove them to school.

"I'm fine, Elena. You don't need to worry like a child's mother all the time. Take a chill pill, relax."

Nimble fingers clicked down on the indicator, turning into Mystic Falls High School parking lot. Searching for a vacant space, she found one nearer to the back. Darcy manoeuvred the vehicle into the slot and switched off the engine.

"Besides, I'm indestructible," she winked, shifting around to grab their bags from the back seat and exited the Range Rover.

"Yeah. Like that's possible," Elena snorted out a laugh, rolling her eyes.

"Don't be surprised, El. There's a lot we don't know about our world."

"Like vampires and witches?" Elena said, creasing her brows.

"And whatever other mystical creatures there are out there."

Handing Elena her bag, they begin to make their way across the parking lot before pausing as a vintage red car swerves in, parking beside Darcy's.

A whistle slips past her lips as Stefan climbs out. "She's a beauty. What is she?"

"She's a 1963 Porsche 356B Karmann Coupe," Stefan smirks, stroking the glossy red paint.

"Nice car," Elena commented, smiling at him.

"It was a waste to leave it in the garage," Stefan said, bending down to kiss her.

Darcy frowned and looked away, not liking the current feelings churning her stomach. What the hell is wrong with me? Am I sick? She thought before lifting her hand and slapping herself hard across the face.

The sound of skin slapping against skin had Elena and Stefan exchanging bewildered glances. "Did you just slap yourself?"  Stefan asked, the vowels flowing out slow in case she was about to have a mental breakdown.

Darcy waved them off, shaking her head. "Just an internal crisis. Never mind that," she raised a perfect plucked brow at the vampire. "Finally decided to play
"I'm a regular teenager"and not mope around the house writing sappy entries in your journal?"

Stefan shot her an offended look, straightening his broad shoulders. "I do not mope around and write sappy entries in my journal."