[*There Goes The Neighborhood - (Damon's flashback)*]

Flashback to the morning

*MORNING*

Damon walked into the boarding house, his limbs a memorised sequence as they travelled over to his drink collection and began to pour himself a drink. Just as he raised the glass to his mouth, a voice called out.

"Hello, Damon."

Damon sighed, placing the glass down on the table and turned around. His gaze darted between the two women walking into the parlour before darkening on the younger. "Ever heard of knocking?" He asked, sarcasm lacing his tone.

The older of the two shook her head; her eyes narrowed on his form. "An invitation wasn't necessary. I'm surprised no living person resides here. Is it just you and your brother?" She asked, peering around the vast room.

Anna looked at the Salvatore vampire. "Yeah. How do you keep out unwelcome vampires?" She asked.

"I kill them." He sped across the room and gripped Pearl by the neck. A smirk lay on his lips. The expression wiped away as Pearl reached out and twisted Damon's wrist, breaking his hold and forcing him to the floor.

She glared down at him. "Have a seat, Damon. I was hoping we could have a word," she asserted.

"Sure." He got up and sat down on the couch, the back facing the large windows, as Anna and Pearl sat parallel.

Once seated and Damon complied, Pearl began. "We've taken residence at a farmhouse just outside the town. It'll suffice for now."

Damon scooted forward, rested his elbows on his knees, cupping his chin. "All 26 vampires?"

Pearl shook her head. "Not all, some. I imagine that a few have already left town. Others are probably still in the woods or like us acclimating."

Damon nodded, a look of curiosity crossing his face. "How did you get out of the tomb?"

"I think the witches screwed up that part of the hocus pocus," Anna said, a smirk playing on her lips.

'Try saying that with Darcy around', Damon thought. 'I'm sure she'd loved hearing you say that.'

"I understand from Anna that the founding families still have a secret council?" Pearl asked, glancing at her daughter for confirmation.

"And you're a part of it," Anna emphasised.

Damon's eyes widened with faux innocence. "That's ridiculous," he said, smiling across at Pearl.

Anna cut him off with a glare. "I've been in Mystic Falls since the Comet, Damon. I'm up to speed."

"So am I. And now that you have infiltrated the council, I need to know everything they know. Starting with a list of names of all the council members and their families," Pearl declared.

"And everyone you've supplied with vervain," Anna said.

Hell to the no. That would mean the Gilberts, and which also meant Darcy. No chance. He glared at the older vampire. "What exactly are you trying to achieve?"

Pearl returned the look. "Mystic Falls is our home. They took that from us. Our land, our home. It's time we rebuild."

Damon stood up, scoffing. "What are you crazy? That was 1864. Wake up, woman. The world has moved on."

Pearl and Anna rose from their seats. "As a reward for your help, I'm willing to give you what you want most."

"That would be great and all, but I have everything I need." He shrugged, walking back over to the bar.

"Katherine," Pearl said, eyes glued on his back.

"You wouldn't even know where she was. You've been under the ground for the last century and a half," Damon said, his back still facing the two.

"Katherine and I were best friends long before we came to Mystic Falls, Damon. I know how she thinks. I know her patterns... I know where to find her."

"Sounds wonderful, except I don't love or want Katherine back. I don't have any desire to see her again." He turned around. "And there's no way in hell I'm gonna play the role of your little minion."

"I know a liar when I see one, Damon."

"Well, your bullshit detector is wrong," he said, flashing her a smile and swallowed back the contents of his Bourbon.

"That's right, Mother. Someone else has caught his and his brother's fancy. It's like 1864 all over again," Anna commented. She smirked up at the male vampire when he clenched his hand around the glass before setting it back down and moving closer to them.

Pearl glanced at her daughter, an eyebrow raised with interest. "I don't believe it."

"It gets even better. She's Jeremy's sister and a hunter."

"Speak another word, and I'll tear out your throat," Damon gritted out, the white around his eyes turning red.

"Interesting. Does the girl have a name?" Pearl asked, keeping her gaze on the angered vampire.

"Darcy. Darcy Gilbert."

With a snarl, Damon was on her in a blur, a crack reverberating as Anna lay crumbled at his feet.

Pearl growled and launched Damon across the room, his back colliding with the wall with a resounded "thud" She sped towards him, rearing her arm back and stabbed her fingers into his eyes. "I have four Hundred years on you, little boy. I'll rip you from limb to limb without even blinking." She pulled her fingers out, watching as Damon groaned, clawing at his bloody eyes. "Get me what I want, or it's the Hunter's blood on your hands," she said, picking up Anna and sped out of the house.

Never a dull day in Mystic Falls, huh?

~