[*Chapter Twenty-Eight*]

Sorry for the delay

Sorry for the delay. This is a long chapter. Unfortunately, Darcy doesn't feature much. You'll find out why... Just don't kill me! See ya! 💜🖤

-

A little while later, Darcy joined Elena and Stefan at the table. While sitting beside her sister, she diverts her attention to the vampire. "So, are you actually going to go through with this? You know, go behind Damon's back?"

Stefan stopped skimming through the pages and lifted his gaze to Darcy's. A pained expression crossed his face as he nodded in confirmation, "Yeah, I can't allow Damon to let Katherin out of the tomb. If he does, I can't imagine how many lives could be at stake." Or yours, he thought.

Call him cold or callous, but other than Darcy and her family, he doesn't care what happens to the rest of Mystic Falls. He's grown to care a lot for the young huntress and will not lose her now, not when they just got her.

Darcy sighed and scrubbed her face, "I don't know, guys. This feels wrong." Pulling her hands away, revealing her stressed eyes, "You and Damon... are starting to repair the last damage, and doing this will tarnish those developments. Are you sure you want that?"

The Protectress switched her attention to her sister and rolled her eyes when she wasn't even paying attention. Does she really not care? Would she sit by and watch two brothers fall apart again? Especially over her doppelganger.

Stefan looked from Elena and back to Darcy and sent her a second nod. Because no words were needed, he was ready to throw everything away. Regardless of what happens, deep inside Darcy's soul, she can feel something brewing. Something much darker was coming, and she doesn't think they all will be ready for the mayhem.

"Hey, Stefan?" Elena called.

He hummed and leant over to see what she was pointing out. He mimed the words before he could get to the end; his eyes widened suddenly, recalling Jonathan Gilbert's fascination with Pearl, but what he read next had him choking.

"What? What is it?" Elena asked, alarmed, seeing her boyfriend's shocked face.

"No... No, it can't be. How?" he spoke out loud to no one in particular, then snapped his head to Darcy, "Quick, get hold of Damon and tell him we know who Anna is. If you can't reach him, go to the Grill." He ordered.

"Who is she?" Elena demanded but got ignored as Stefan pinned his gaze on her sister as she jumped out of her seat and headed towards the door, phone in hand.

"Darce." he waited until she glanced back, "Just say Pearl, and he will know."

Darcy nodded, then closed the door behind her and skipped down the porch steps heading towards her bike, mumbling curses under her breath when she couldn't reach Damon, "Damn it! Is it so hard to answer a phone? Why have one if that's the point?" she sighed and slipped her phone into her jeans pocket, and threw her legs over the seat, ready to fire the engine, and cursed yet again when she realised she forgot her helmet, "Well, aren't I a doofus!"