[*Chapter Three*]

"Okay, ass in seats, class is starting!" Mr Tanner clapped his hands as his droning voice filled the classroom

"Okay, ass in seats, class is starting!" Mr Tanner clapped his hands as his droning voice filled the classroom. The warning bell rang just as Darcy crept into the room, undetected. Or so she thought.

She slipped into her seat behind Elena.

"Nice of you to join us Darcella." Ugh, I hate that name she groaned, banging her head on the desk. Oh, so close. A few of her classmates laughed at her misfortune.

Lifting her head, chin on hand, she bats her eyes, "Of course. Couldn't miss your lovely face, could I, sir?"

Tanner rolled his eyes, walking to his desk picking up a pen, "Yeah, yeah, my face is lovely, now shut up."

"Alright, listen up" Darcy leant her head on the desk. Someone threw a rubber at her head. She just waved them off, undeterred.

"Let's start where we left off. The battle of Willow Creek took the place of the war in our very own Mystic Falls. How many casualties resulted in this battle?" Tanner made his way around the classroom. "Miss Bennett?"

Bonnie jumped, startled from her doodling in her notebook, "Erm...a lot? I mean a lot, lot." She replied sheepishly.

"Cute becomes dumb in an instant Miss Bennett, brush up on your history." Tanner barked.

Ha! Tanner called her dumb. Darcy snickers, burying her head into her arms.

Tanner looked around the room, "Mr Donovan," Darcy raised a plucked eyebrow interested to see where this was going. "Would you like to take this opportunity to overcome your embedded jock stereotype?"

"Nah, I'm cool with it." He replied, making Darcy laugh outright.

The class became hush with growing silence. Tanner must be looking for his next victim, she thought.

"Miss Gilbert?" Tanners hand slammed on her desk, making her jump up.

"Holy fucking shit!" Hand on her chest, glaring evils at Tanner who stares smugly. Proud of himself.

"Glad to see you are paying attention," He said in his nasal pathetic smug voice. He turns to pin Elena as his next victim. Darcy sits up straight.

"Elena?" Elena blinks from her intense lockdown with Mr sexy-ass-back.

Choose your next words wisely, Tanner Spanner. Darcy's intense stare remains locked on his form as he slithers closer to her sister, she finds herself holding her breath, knowing he was going to be a dick.

"Would you care to enlighten us?"

"I'm sorry, I don't know," Elena uttered, sinking in her seat.

Tanners wary eyes flicker to Darcy, only to see her watching his every move like a hawk. His throat bobs before biting the bullet and rounding on the brown-haired Gilbert.