[M*Chapter Thirty-Nine*]

*Strong language and Mature content (Violence)*

(3rd Pov)

Damon parked further down from Mrs Gibbons house and killed the engine. He stays seated in his seat as Alaric climbs out of the car whilst Darcy rummages in the back seat, chucks the crossbow and quiver aside, and swaps coats with Elena so that the longer material will hide the thigh straps. She caresses her jeans, fingers stroking the sharpness of the blades and spikes of the stakes.

"Are you sure about doing this, Darcy?" Elena asked her worriedly.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. I'm more worried about Stefan and the damage they have done to him. We've been gone too long," she said, tying her hair up into a ponytail and pulling the hoodie she still has on underneath Elena's jacket, over her head.

"He'll be fine. Stefan's stronger than he looks," Damon said, turning around in his seat and offering her an encouraging smile.

"Yeah, let's get this over with," Darcy stares at Elena. "And you, what did I say?"

"Keep my perky butt in the car," Elena said, rolling her eyes.

"Good girl, glad we came to an understanding," she said, patting her hand and shuts the door.

Elena hides her grin, closing her hand around the object in her hand.

She looks up, meeting Darcy's wink through the window before she walked away with Alaric at her side.

*•*•*•*

"Alright, how're we doing this?" Alaric asked, peering at Darcy at his side.

Darcy wiped at the rain pelting at her cheeks. "You hold out your arms, and I jump," she said, shrugging.

"Couldn't you have come up with a better plan?" he asked grumpily.

"And what? Do you have a better idea?" she asked, cocking a brow, and grinned when he didn't reply. "You best not drop me, or we are fighting."

"Yeah, yeah, just hop on," he said, holding out his hands and grunted when she jumped into his arms. He groaned, adjusting his hold around her lower back and legs, and began walking up the porch steps. "You owe me a drink."

"That's the least I can do for not telling Jenna you touched my butt," she laughed at his priceless face, red hues blossomed his cheeks.

Darcy buried her head into his chest as Alaric knocked on the door to have Frederick open it. "Oh, good, someone's home. Uh, could I use your phone? My wife's water just broke, and my car broke down a few miles up the road. This was the first house I saw."

"Well, lucky you," Frederick said.

"Yeah, lucky us. It's no trouble, is it?" Alaric asked as Darcy wailed in his arms, clutching her stomach.