Away

JJ and Emily trudged through the house neither ready to leave Grace. JJ had her hair up in black pants and a purple button-up shirt. Emily took a minute to admire her wife's figure. JJ had quickly lost the baby weight but there were still some lasting changes. Her hips were fuller, her breast ranged in size due to the breastfeeding.

JJ pulled Emily out of her thoughts saying "Take a picture It will last longer."

Emily shook her head lightly saying "Trust me I have plenty."

JJ blushed lightly asking "Are you ready?"

"No. Are you?"

"No."

Emily walked over to JJ before looking at Grace in her Mom's arms saying "Are you ready to spend the day with Grandma?"

Grace gave a small smile making Emily laugh saying "Grandma makes me gassy too."

There was a knock on the door and Emily opened it. Her Mom was standing there with a stern look. However the minute she saw Grace her eyes lit up.

It took nearly 45 minutes for Emily to get JJ out of the house. JJ insisted on reviewing the steps of the day. All of which Elizabeth took gracefully (pun intended) something Emily was grateful for. When they walked into the squad room. Emily followed JJ to her desk. Garcia, Derek, and Spencer eagerly waited on their daily update om "Ms. Gracie Girl" as Derek called her when Hotch said, "JJ may I speak to you a minute?"

Emily squeezed her wife's shoulder moving out of her way as JJ walked up the stairs.

"Hey, Princess do you know what's up with that? They have the blinds closed"

"I think I do."

"Care to share with the class?"

Emily said with a fat grin "Spousal privilege."

"Then tell us about Grace!"

"Okay!" Emily beamed with pride

Meanwhile, in the office, a frustrated Strauss was in the middle of saying "Clearly. You turned down the job twice without consulting your unit chief.

Hotch jumped in saying "Agent Jareau is under no obligation to discuss it with me."

Strauss countered "If the Pentagon calls

one of your team members, you should know about it."

She turned to JJ asking "Why didn't you tell Agent Hotchner that you turned down the position?"

JJ answered "I never wanted it to get this far because--"

Strauss interrupted her saying " because you know it's a better job."

JJ quickly fired back " Because I don't want to leave this one."

"You've been here for 6 years."

"Nearly 7, ma'am."

"Change is good." Strauss tried

"And from what I understand, there's less travel with this position. You could stay home with Grace."

"Excuse me?" JJ said jaw clenched not liking what Strauss was insinuating she continued " I understand the sacrifices. I do what I love. It's made me a better person, a better mother. Any "sacrifices" I have made have been for my family.I don't have a single regret."

Hotch jumped in trying to defuse the situation saying " We're all in agreement that Agent Jareau's a valuable part of this team, and it's understandable why the executive branch is requesting a transfer. However, if Agent Jareau respectfully declines their request, there's no way you can make her go."

Strauss responded, defeated "No, I can't."

After a long pause Strauss returned to business asking "Have you looked at the video

of the missing girl?

Hotch said "Everyone's watching it now.

Strauss said pointedly "You're expected in Maryland

within the hour."

"We'll be there. Thank you."

Once she left Hotch turned to JJ saying "JJ. Pentagon?"

"Sorry I didn't tell you," JJ responded

Hotch said honestly "It's ok. It's just--it's a big deal. A liaison for the department of defense--it's a major promotion. Are you sure you don't want this?"

"Hotch, I belong here. With my family."

After the case was finished JJ laid beside her wife in bed after a long day of cuddling Grace and each other. Emily could tell what they did to JJ was torturing so she grabbed a hold of her hand saying "We will be okay."

"I'm leaving the BAU," JJ said into the dimly lit room

"You are," Emily said back 

"I just got back from maternity leave and they are forcing me out."

Emily turned to JJ saying "Baby you are just too good for us. You hated leaving her, at least now it will be like a basic 9-5."

"I know I hated leaving Grace but I hate leaving you!"

"I can't say I'm happy either but I am a big girl baby I can handle myself."

"Just promise me when I'm not there you won't go into your boxes."

Emily leaned over kissing her wife saying "I promise."