Roar

A/N: JJ is 19 weeks in this. It's short but it's sweet.

It was supposed to be a simple case for them. All of the signs pointed to the man in custody but Emily couldn't shake a feeling. Something told her this was wrong. It was too essay. That was until a cop in the precinct walked out with a semi automatic rifle tucked under his arm. His shouting threats sent shivers down Emily's spine.

Emily immediately stood up, gun drawn. Quickly walking a few steps to the right she stood firmly in front of JJ keeping the back of her calf pressed against her wife's knee. That little bit of security that no matter what her wife and child were shielded safely behind her allowed her to keep her focus. Adrenaline still coursed through her veins. As he wielded his weapon around. She knew her wife was the best shot but couldn't risk her safety. The unsub was disarmed after a standoff that felt like forever. The unsub was cuffed. Emily relaxed but JJ could tell her wife was far from relaxed. She stood up grabbing Emily's hand and she said "Baby come with me." 

She looked at Hotch who nodded at her. The two walked in silence to the car. Drove in silence to the hotel and the room. Once they were inside JJ led Emily to the bed JJ pushed gently on Emily's shoulders forcing her to sit on the edge of the bed. Emily looked up at her tears glistening. JJ placed her hands on either side of Emily's face.

"Talk to me baby."

"I am so sorry"

"For what baby?"

Emily said "You two almost got hurt. What if I couldn't protect you?"

JJ said "Hey hey we are both just fine baby's been wiggling all day."

Emily placed her hands on either side of JJs small belly

JJ asked "Did you feel that?"

Emily nodded

JJ said "That is our daughter."

Emily looked at her wide eyed and said "Daughter?"

JJ looked at her tears in her eyes and said "yes baby our daughter."

Emily raised up JJ's shirt kissing her small baby bump all over. Whispering "I love you." over and over.

Emily settled and wrapped her arms around the back of JJ keeping her face buried into JJ stomach. JJ ran her fingers through Emily's dark hair

"Come On baby let's lay down."

Emily moved back against the bed and JJ said "We are not sleeping in work clothes baby." Emily stripped down and JJ went to lay against Emily. JJ placed her head on Emily's chest and Emily wrapped her arm around JJ's back. Emily could feel their daughter move every now and again against her bare skin.