Declan?

Emily's phone rang and she didn't recognize the number. She answered it saying in a formal voice "Emily Jareau-Prentiss."

"Emily?"

"Declan?"

JJ put down her book looking over at Emily.

"Yeah, it's me."

"Honey is something wrong?"

"I-I I miss you."

Emily's heart broke "Where are you Dec?"

"I am at school. But... can you come to get me?"

"Is something wrong?!" Emily was already up on her feet

"Please just come."

"Okay. Okay, Declan I'm coming."

Emily asked, "Do you want me to stay on the phone?"

"Please."

"Okay, sweetie I'll be there as quick as I can."

Throughout the whole conversation, JJ and Emily were silently communicating JJ said "You bring him here. Stay safe."

Emily nodded, kissing JJ's cheek before walking out of the house.

Emily pulled up in front of the boarding school walking into the front she said frantically "I'm here for Declan..."

"Emily!"

Emily turned to see Declan standing with a backpack on his back. Emily turned to him as he ran into her arms. Emily held him close saying "Come on sweetie let's go."

When they got in the car Emily looked over at the blonde in her passenger seat. "What up Declan?"

Declan was looking down in his lap."

"Come on Declan talk to me."

"I miss you."

"I miss you too."

"It's Christmas break and I have no one to go home to."

Emily said, "What about..."

"He's away on assignment," Declan said sadly 

"Well you are in luck! Today is my day off!"

"Are you still with your wife..."

"Jennifer?"

He nodded

"Yes, I am," Emily said proudly

"I really liked her." Declan smiled

Emily smiled "She liked you too. There is also someone new at the house."

"Really! Who?"

"JJ had a baby. Our baby."

Declan's eyes widened "Really! How old is she? You think she would like..."

Emily laughed "Saying whoa buddy slow down! She is only eleven months old."

Declan said a quiet "Oh."

"But JJ and I would love to do whatever you want."

Declan smiled again.

Emily walked into the house saying "Honey!"

"Kitchen!"

The two walked into the kitchen and when Declan saw her. He did something the two did not expect. He ran to JJ hugging her. JJ hugged him close almost being knocked over

JJ asked "Whoa kid! How old are you now?"

"I'm eleven Mrs. Jennifer." He laughed

JJ said "Please call me JJ Declan! I don't like Mrs. It makes me feel old"

Emily said, "I'm going to go check on Grace." Before heading up the stairs wanting to give the two some time alone.

JJ stood by the fridge asking "Do you want anything to eat?"

Declan shook his head saying "No but thank you."

"You sure? What about hot chocolate."

Declan looked at her nervously and JJ pulled out all the ingredients asking "Do you like whip cream?"

Declan nodded and JJ pulled out the can smiling, she said "Open."

"What?"

Watch." JJ tilted her head back squirting the whipped cream into her mouth. Declan laughed at JJ's antics.

JJ asked him "Do you want some?"

He shook his head, yes and JJ walked around the counter squirting some in his mouth before dabbing it on his nose. Emily walked in at just the perfect moment to see the two laughing while Declan looked over at her with whip cream on his nose.

After dinner, Emily and JJ stood in the kitchen cleaning while talking.

JJ asked, "So why did he call?"

"He's lonely."

JJ pouted as Emily continued "It's Christmas break and he had nowhere to go."

JJ pouted "Poor guy. What about the man who was-"

"He's away on assignment."

They looked to see Declan sitting on the couch hot chocolate in one hand while the other one was snaking around Grace as she sat on his lap the two watching some cartoons.

JJ's heart hurt seeing the two. It was the kind of thing leading her to want more children. Emily looked at JJ and said "Not yet."

"What?"

Emily laughed "I can see your womb from here. Let's wait till Grace is a little older."

JJ said, "What if we don't wait... what if we let Declan stay."

"You want Declan to stay here? With us?"

"Well yes. Only when he's on break. I know he loves boarding school."

Emily's face broke out with an earth-shattering smile as she cupped JJ's face pulling her in for a kiss. "I love you, Jennifer."

The two walked into the living room. Emily asked, "Could you pause it for me buddy?"

Declan paused the TV asking sadly "Is it time to go?"

Eily and JJ sat on top of the coffee table in front of the couch.

Emily said "Actually with have something to ask you. JJ and I wanted to know if you would like to come home. Here. when you are on break?"

A smile broke out on his face and he said, "Really?!"
JJ nodded "Really!"

Declan said slowly "I would like to hug you... but... Grace."

JJ laughed, taking hold of Grace. As soon as Declan was free he ran into Emily's arms before running into JJs. Then he went back to Emily.

Emily whispered into his ear "Would you like to see your room?"

Declan nodded enthusiastically and Emily led him up the stairs. When they were out of sight JJ started bouncing Grace on her leg saying "Your gonna have a big brother. You're gonna have a big brother."

Before kissing her cheek and blowing raspberries in her neck. Sending Grace in a fit of giggles. She looked up to hear giggling as Emily walked down the stairs Declan thrown over her shoulder laughing hysterically. Emily dropped Declan on the couch saying "Declan you get that game started you want to play while I put Grace to bed."

She winked at JJ taking Grace from her arms.

A/N: The next chapter is Christmas so it will take me a little while to write.