I've been waiting for you.

The two had been walking around the mall and just now home when JJ said "Emily I think I am going to go lay down."

Emily said "Go rest baby. Of course you're tired being nearly forty weeks pregnant."

JJ muttered "Not for long"

Emily said "Did you say something else JJ?"

JJ said "Nope. Nothing"

On the way to the bedroom JJ grimaced then placed her hand on her rather large bump.

Emily grabbed her elbow and said "What's going on baby?"

JJ said 'You know just as well as I do what is going on."

Emily said "That was a contraction wasn't it? How long have you been in labor?"

JJ said "I would guess three hours."

Emily shrieked "Why are you just now telling me!?"

JJ said "My contractions were short and very far apart." Emily said "They're starting to hurt now?" JJ said "Yes. She's coming."

Five hours later JJ was standing body leaning on the bed head covered in sweat. Emily stood behind her holding her up while massaging her lower back. JJ's low groans and Emily's words of affirmation were the only things that could be heard. Emily was so incredibly proud of her wife. Never has she seen so much strength.

Five hours later JJ laid in her bed covering sweat tears slipping out as another contraction ripped through her. She breathed out "Emily are we close?"

"I don't know baby. Doc?"

Dr. Montgomery went between her legs and said "It's time JJ on the next contraction I want you to give me a big push."

JJ felt as her muscles began to quiver under the building of another contraction. JJ bore down as the pain continued to increase. Her knuckles began to turn white as she grasped the bed sheet and Emily's hand. Which now was numb to Emily.

Dr. Montgomery said "Now JJ now!"

Screams could be heard through the hall of the maternity ward.

Emily said "You are going so good baby!"

Dr. Montgomery "Good, good I can see the head."

JJ pushed for an hour.

Dr. Montgomery said "JJ stop pushing now!"

JJ frantically said "What? Why?"

Emily said "What wrong?!"

Dr. Montgomery "I need you to breathe. The cord is wrapped around her head I can unwrap it but if you push it will make it much more difficult."

JJ couldn't find words. She felt like she couldn't breathe. Something was wrong with her baby.

Emily prayed to anything and everything.

"I got it now one more push and she will be here"

JJ was worn out and didn't have the strength to lift her head but somewhere deep inside her she pushed as hard as she could and was welcomed by the sound of the sweet whimpers of her child. Dr. Montgomery quickly handed the slimy infant to JJ. JJ was covered in sweat and tears but held her child close against her bare chest.

She said "Hey baby girl i'm your Mom. Oh gah you're so beautiful."

Emily leaned over tears in her eyes and said "She looks just like her Mom."

JJ said "Thank you Emily for everything."

Emily kissed JJ's temple saying "I should be thanking you. You did amazing baby."