Mamas Broken Heart

Emily walked slowly into the living room a sad look on her face. She walked up to her wife and daughter stretching her arms out. JJ handed her Grace and Emily's face quickly turned into a smile as she held her close. JJ said, "Baby you will be late."

Emily looked at her daughter saying in a baby voice "Oh I don't care. They can leave without me. Yes, they can oh yes they can sweet Grace."

JJ rolled her eyes saying "You have been going crazy."

"But I don't want to leave my two best girls."

JJ walked up with a small pout saying "Me either baby but one of us has to work to get this girl through college."

Emily said "We both know I have more than enough money. And she has that trust fund from her grandma. Oh yes you do"

Just then Emily's phone rang. She groaned saying "Hello... yeah I'm leaving now... ill tell them!...okay...bye"

Emily pulled her wife into a passionate kiss handing her Grace saying "I love you two."

JJ got tears in her eyes saying "You come back to us okay."

"Hey. No tears," Emily reached up cupping JJs cheek "I'll see you soon. I'll be kicking and screaming if anyone tries to keep me from you two."

Emily kissed her wife and daughter one last time before walking out the door. When the door closed Grace started crying JJ cradled her close saying "I know baby. I miss her too."

The text between JJ and Emily

On the plane. 

We miss you already!

*Picture of JJ and Grace*

Oh I love you two

We love you too. 

Everyone thinks she has my nose.

Keep dreaming honey that is a Jareau nose.

You are what I dream of.

You flirt.

Marry me!

I did that... two almost three years ago.

I want you to carry my children.

Uhm... honey

How's my Gracie girl?

Asleep

*picture*

Be still my heart

Rest up my love so you can come home sooner.

Of course

The next day...

Emily woke up to a Facetime call she hit the green button with a small smile on her face. What she saw melted Emily's heart. Her wife was laying on the bed with their daughter on her chest. Her face was bare and her hair was messy but she still radiated her natural light.

"Hey!"

"Hey, honey!"

"Baby you look tired."

"We worked really late last night...well this morning."

"I can call you later."

"No this is perfect."

JJ looked down at Grace saying "She misses you. I miss you."

"Oh, honey I miss you like crazy. I think we are getting close so I should be home soon!"

"Good!"

"Oh, baby. I'm sorry Hotch is calling us in."

"Okay baby. I love you" JJ kissed the camera

Emily caught the kiss saying "I love you too."

It wasn't till late the following night Emily walked into her house the only thing on her mind was her wife and daughter. She walked into the master to find JJ and Grace both sound asleep. Emily went to the bassinet gently kissing Grace. She then crawled into bed behind JJ kissing her neck.

"Did you get him?" JJ asked sleepily

Emily laughed kissing her again "We got her."

"Good." Sleep still quite heavy.

"Goodnight baby."

"Goodnight my heart."