Bike Rides and Best Friends

Emily and JJ woke up to ruffling downstairs. Emily and JJ quickly tiptoed downstairs to see their team cleaning the carnage from Grace's six-year-old birthday party. Grace was sitting trash in hand trying to throw it into the open trash bag Luke was holding open. Rossi looked up at the two saying "Look who's up!"

Grace looked up quickly, a smile spreading across her face as she ran into her mother's legs. Emily huffed saying "You almost knocked me over as a six-year-old. You may be too big to be held."

Grace looked up at her Mama with a little pout. JJ looked over at Emily and could see the badass Emily facade melt away. Emily leaned down picking up Grace with ease. "Well look at that."

Grace tried to swim to JJ but Emily kept a firm hold onto her "Give me my morning hug THAN you can go to Mommy."

Grace wrapped her arms around Emily. Emily passed her to JJ and Grace leaned in whispering in her ear. JJ smiled nodding her head saying "Of course! You go get dressed and we will clean up down here and ill give them a call."

JJ sat Grace down and the little girl went quickly up the stairs. Emily and JJ started to help pick up trash when Emily asked "What did she ask you?"

"She wants you to help her learn how to ride that new big girl bike your mother got her and she wants to invite her best friends over."

Emily nodded with a smile "Amber?"

"Nope!"

"Olivia?"

"Nope!"

"What other friends does she have?"

"Come on her best friend... been to our house like twelve times... her best guy friend..."

"Oh! Dean!"

JJ smiled "Yup! That's her best friend in the whole world."

Garcia leaned over wiggling her eyebrows "Just friends?"

JJ laughed as Emily lost all of the colors in her face. She patted Emily's arm saying "They are just friends... I think."

An hour later the team had just left when the doorbell rang and JJ opened it to reveal Megan Deans Mom and Dean. JJ smiled "Come in please!"

Megan looked around saying "I know I have been here like ten different times but I love your house so much."

Dean ran into the house and he and Grace barreled into one another hugging each other tightly. Grace and Dean quickly started playing with her new toys.

Emily came up behind JJ wrapping her arms around JJs midsection saying "Thank you, Megan. How's Noah?"

Noah is Megan's husband. Noah is an FBI agent in the homicide part of it. Megan said "He's good! He's working hard on a case."

"Well let me know if he needs any help."

Megan said "Thank you. Dean learned to ride about a month ago so he's still a little wobbly. Do you want me to put it in the garage?"

Emily said, "I'll get it."

"Oh don't worry about it really! I'll just set it in the garage then I'll be on my way,"

JJ said "Perfect! I will see you back here at let's say four. You can join us for dinner!"

"Oh I would love to but I and the little man have a dinner date with the grandparents."

JJ smiled saying "I totally understand! Next time though! I'll make sure Emily makes her tacos!"

"Ah yes, the legendary Tocos!"

The two laughed as Megan called for Dean hugging him goodbye.
JJ walked back into the living room "You kids ready to bike ride?"

The two jumped up squealing yes! Emily JJ and the two kids made their way to the garage where Dean and Grace's bike was standing side by side. Grace and Dean ran up to the other bike saying "Whoah! Your bike is so cool!"

"How fast does it go?"

"Superfast!"

"Mine too!"

"So cool!"

JJ said, "Okay my little speedsters let's get you two patted up!"

JJ helped Grace while Emily helped Dean. They helped the kids walk their bikes onto the quiet neighborhood road. Dean sat on his bike pushing off wobbling slightly before becoming more confident. Grace's eyes widened with excitement. JJ kept an eye on Dean while also watching Grace and Emily. Right now Emily was talking to Grace going over everything that was going to happen. Emily kissed Grace's cheek patting her helmet before they started. They started slowly making their way and as Grace gained better confidence JJ looked in wonder as Emily slowly released her hands. JJ got tears in her eyes as she saw Emily behind their daughter a prize-winning smile with her arms high above her head. JJ yelled, "Grace you are all by yourself!"

"What?!" This caused Grace to lose balance falling over. JJ and Emily ran to her but Dean got there before them being a gentleman helping her up and back onto her bike.

"That was great Grace! Here watch me! You have to learn how to turn."

JJ got a little video of the sweet interaction sending it to Megan. Magan texted back Too soon to plan their wedding? JJ titled the phone showing Emily and Emily growled "Hell No... no weddings."

The two rode in wobbly chaotic circles. Car tires could be heard and they looked up to see Declan's car rolling down the road. Emily old 2011 Audi A7. The car parked and a sixteen-year-old Declan came out. Grace dropped her bike running to her big brother. He had dark brown eyes and dirty blonde hair. He looked like a mix of Emily and JJ funny enough. Declan dropped his backpack falling to his knees hugging Grace tightly saying "I am so sorry I couldn't be at your birthday party!"

"It's okay."

"Well, I'm here now! Who's your friend?"

Dean, this is my big brother Declan. Declan this is my bestest friend." She leaned in whispering to Declan "Besides you."

Declan smiled saying "You have become quite a pro on that bike! How long have you been riding? Ten years?"

Grace laughed "No silly."

Emily and Jj walked up and Emily said "More like ten minutes."

Declan said, "How about I grab my bike and we all three ride together?"

The two kids nodded vigorously. Declan hugged his moms as the two little ones started riding again.

The little family spent the rest of the day riding and racing bikes at some point Emily and JJ got their bikes out joining in on the fun.