End of an Era

This marks where the Criminal Minds Series has ended

JJ and Emily walked into Rossi's back yard Declan standing tall beside them Grace clinging onto Declan's hand. As soon as Grace saw Garcia she ran to her giving her a hug before going off to play with Matthews' four kids.

Emily stood tall champagne glass in hand before speaking "Penelope reminds all of us that change is good...Painful, but good. And as much pain, as Lynda Barnes caused all of us, she has inspired me to change. So I'm cutting all my hair off. Get ready." They all laughed as she returned back with her group.

JJ stood in front tears in her eyes champagne glass in hand

"So, um, I've grown up with Penelope, not as kids, but as adults. And she has become my sister... Therefore me wherever I've found myself. You have played a massive role in my life, my daughter's life. JJ snorted "I don't think Em and I would be married if it wasn't for you."

Emily jumped in saying "That's true! I would have never made a move if not for you."

JJ continued "And for that, I can never repay you. Once she said that I was the glue that kept this team together. But we all know that that was really you." JJ walked over hugging Garcia before standing beside her family. Emily wrapped her arm around her resting her hand on her hip giving it a gentle squeeze.

Garcia stood tall tears in her eyes as she looked out at her family "So we're at the beginning of the end. And this time next week, we're not gonna be together like we have been for as long as I can remember. I need you each to know that you hold a really special place in my heart. And... I want to freeze right now. I want to soak this in. There, I did. Thank you for letting me be a part of this for so long. And thank you for reminding me that there is an infinite amount of heroism and kindness in the world, no matter how bleak it seems. My favorite band says the love you take is equal to the love you make. So instead of a toast, I want to make a promise. Can we please promise that no matter where we go after this that we keep this feeling in our hearts? Cheers."

Followed by a chorus of "Salut!"

The next day Garcia walked towards the elevators.

"Ok, lady and gent, I know they just look like boxes, but one of those is a vintage stapler collection, so be careful. Thank you so much."

The team all walked out of the elevator "What's with the box brigade?" Emily asked

"I thought you weren't leaving till the end of the week."

"Wait, moving out of here like the colts did Baltimore?" Luke said

"Ok, no one knows what that means."

"So you weren't gonna tell us?"

"It's just that last night was such a perfect good-bye, right, and I thought why not end on a high?"

"Penelope."

"I can see I was wrong. Look, I got some treats for the movers. And I could put the kettle on and we could have tea like civilized people. Yeah?"

Alvez: "We can try."

"Don't balefully look at me. I'm really sorry."

They all walked into the briefing room sitting around the round table that held the best and worst memories. JJ and Emily sat beside one another holding hands under the table like they always do.

"So you're expecting the queen?" Tara asked

"Always." she turned to JJ "I bequeath this...To you. Please take care of her."

"Ahh. And here I thought I was out of tears." JJ said

"Oh, and, um, I know that there's not 8 of us anymore, but.

"I'm gonna name her Mildred." Spencer smiled

Emily's phone rang "Oh. We will debrief on the jet. Wheels up."

"We got a new one?" Simmon asked

"Yes, and this will be her maiden voyage," Emily said

Rossi sharply inhaled "I love the smell of a new jet in the morning."

JJ looked over at Garcia, tears in her eyes "You got Gracie tonight?"

"Absolutely my crime-fighting lady."

When they got on the plane JJ took her seat next to her wife. Emily smiled at her putting her hand on her leg. JJ looked around the plane saying "It's beautiful."

Emily smiled nodding saying "Yeah it is."

Rossi said, "We need to name her."

Emily nodded looking around saying how about "Extreme Aggressor."

They all smiled nodding "Perfect"

A/N: If you know you know😉