Chapter 18- Flipped

“Zayn?” I could barely say his name. Zayn broke his kiss from Kristen and looked at me with worry and panic in his eyes. “How---”

“What am I doing?” Zayn got up and teared Kristen’s hands off from around his neck. “Autumn I’m so sorry, I’m drunk and---”

“I can’t do this.” Kristen just sat on the bed and smiled. I ran out of the room with tears streaming down my face. I scurried up the stairs, but tripped along the way.

“Autumn wait!”

“How could you?! I thought you cared about me!” My voice was raspy. People looked at us confused.

“Autumn that was the biggest mistake I ever made!” Zayn stared up at me from the bottom of the stairs with his deep brown, mysterious eyes 

“I’m done.” I tried to stay steadily. Zayn grabbed my hand to stop me. 

“Autumn please lets talk about this.”

“What’s there to talk about you and Kristen are perfect for each other!” I ripped my hand away from him and ran off. 

“Lily I need to go home.” Lily’s face dropped. 

“What’s wrong?” Niall asked.

“I saw Zayn and Kirsten...” Tears rolled down my face.

“That bitch where is she?!” 

“It’s fine but I just wanted to say thank you for tonight.” 

“Autumn let me drive you home.”

“No you guys enjoy the party I’ll take a taxi!” I tired to smile, but I couldn’t. Before Lily could stop me I headed out the door. 

I laid in my bed all night crying into my pillow. I thought things were different with Zayn, I thought he wasn’t a player like everyone said he was. But I was wrong he’s just what everyone thought he was. My phone was buzzing constantly, but I turned it off I was in no mood to talk to anyone. Zayn even left a voicemail on my home phone at 2 o’clock in the morning.

“Autumn please call me back I need to talk to you.” Zayn’s voice sounded corse on the answering machine. “Autumn please pick up I just need to explain what happened.” I managed to fall asleep after putting my headphones in my ear. 

“Autumn,” I felt a hand tapping my back. 

“Meh.” I moaned.

“Your friend Lily is here.” My dad said.

“Huh?” I pulled the covers out of my face to see my dad hovering over me with Lily by the door. All of a sudden the events from last night came rushing to me. “I want to be alone.”