Chapter 5- See You There

The week went by pretty fast, and it was finally friday. I headed to school wearing my army jacket since it was starting to get colder outside. I began to walk on the school soccer field, which reminded me of home. I missed playing soccer with my team just kicking the ball around. I checked my watch and realized I had 30 minutes till class started. I decided to sit on a picnic table in the courtyard. It was beautiful, there was a stone fountain in the center, and fall leaves laid on the ground. I took a seat and pulled out my sketch book. I began to sketch a the courtyard making sure to add the school in the background. 

“Why are we at school so early?” I looked across from me and saw Zayn sitting on the other side of the table. 

“I could ask you the same.” I said beaming.

“What ya drawing?” 

“Just doodling that’s all.”

“Can I see?” 

“Uh...well...” Before I could say anything he grabbed my sketchbook and took a look.

“Wow.” 

“I know it’s bad,”

"What are you talking about this is great!” I blushed. “This isn’t a doodle it’s a masterpiece.”

“Ha, yeah right.” I didn’t know how to respond to a compliment.

“Your too modest! You’re good!” He pushed my sketchbook back to me. 

“Thanks.”

“No problem!” 

“So what are your plans for the weekend?” I asked trying to change the topic.

“I’m planning of going to Kristen’s party tomorrow you?”

“I’m probably going to just stay at home and relax.”

“You should come tomorrow it’ll be fun!”

“I don’t know...”

“Common all your friends will be there!” I shrugged my shoulders. “I’ll be there!” He said flirtatiously.

“Maybe I’ll think about it.”

“Good I hope you’ll make it.” We sat there looking at each other for a moment. I stared into his big brown eyes. “Well I better head to class. I’ll see you in art?” I broke my stare.

“Oh yeah see you!” Zayn pulled his bag over his shoulder and strode off.

“So I was thinking,” Lily said as she walked me to history. “maybe you and I could get ready together tomorrow night?”

“For what?”

“Kristen’s party!” It seemed like everyone couldn’t stop talking about this party. I was not so big on the whole party thing, it just wasn’t my thing.

“I don’t know if I’m going I don’t think she really wants me there.”

“Common there’s going to be so many people that she won’t even see you!”

“I don’t know...”

“Please! It’ll be fun everyones invited!” Accept me. Lily pouted staring at me with her big green eyes.

“Fine.”

“Great!”

“Come over to my place at 7?” 

“Awesome! Text me your address!” Lily gave me a quick hug and skipped to her next class.

“So how was school?” My dad asked me and broke the silence. 

“Good thanks, how was work?” It was the first time we had a dinner together since we moved here. 

“Busy, I might have to go to the office tomorrow.”

“Oh.” I looked down at my soup. “I’m going out to hang out with some friends tomorrow night.”

“Okay, don’t be home too late.” 

After washing the dishes and doing some English homework I decided to start decorating. I hadn’t got around to jazzing up my plain white room. I went to a box in the corner and pulled out some small white Christmas lights and hung them over my bed, it was already a major improvement. I reached under my bed and pulled out a bulletin bored with some pictures and funny sayings attached to it. I grabbed some of my artwork I kept in my portfolio and hung it on the walls. I hung a picture I had painted just before I left Montreal. It was a painting done in water colour of Mont Royal, it brought me back home just looking at it. Lastly I hung up a photo of my mom and I it was taken when I was 8. My mom looked so happy in the picture, she had her arm wrapped around my shoulder, while I had a huge smile on my face showing off my missing teeth. It was taken when my mom and dad took me to the zoo in the summer. I was so scared about the zoo when I was little, because animals in general scared the shit out of me. But my dad and I were so proud of me when I made it out of there without crying. I began to giggle, it was the only photo that really made me happy. I wish my mom was with me at this very moment, she would give me advice about how to really talk to guys, and let me vent to her about Kristen. I needed her.