Chapter 8- Don't Freak Out

I didn’t want to get out of bed tuesday morning. My eyes felt so heavy, and I was really not in the mood for school. 

I walked over to my English class and slumped into my chair. 

“Good morning to you too!” Harry said in a welcoming tone.

“Bleh.” Was I could say. I almost fell asleep in English, but Lily kept my awake by throwing pieces of paper at me. Her and Harry began to laugh while I let out a whimper. Once the bell had rung Harry and Lily looped their arms through mine and walked me over to art. 

“You look beat.” Harry said. 

“I hardly got any sleep last night I was making notes for history.”

“Why did you even take history?” Lily asked. 

“Cause it’s interesting!” 

“Yuck I hate history. Why would you learn about some old guys that are not even important?

“Lily the whole reason you’re here right now is because some old guys fought for you to have an education.” 

“True say.” Lily giggled. 

“I’ll catch you guys at lunch!” I took my seat in art. 

“Someone looks excited for art!” Zayn sat beside me pulling out his earbuds.

“Woot I love art.” I said sarcastically. Kristen walked in giving Zayn a little wave. 

“Hey Zayn looking great as usual.” I rolled my eyes.

“Hey Kris what’s up?”

“Oh nothing I was wondering if you wanted to hang out this weekend. We could go to that new cafe that opened down the street.” 

“Well...”

“It wasn’t a question Zayn you must come!” Kristen was about as settle as a gun. I was a bit jealous of her though. She had so much confidence I could never ask a guy out like that.

“I can’t Kristen I’m sorry.” He made a pouty face. My heart leaped for some reason.

“Why not?”

“I’ve got a lot of work this weekend I’m falling behind in some of my classes.”

Mr.Gerald interrupted their conversation by talking about some field trip. 

“Next monday we’re going on a field trip to The British Museum. Since we have been doing a lot of art history I thought it be good to go see some art. I’ll split you guys into two separate groups for the tour.” The class began to talk everyone seemed excited. “I need you to get these papers signed by your parents by friday.” I took a slip.