Chapter 21- Trapped

I rolled out of bed friday morning around 11 o’clock, people usually skipped the day the formal was so they could get ready. I didn’t need an entire day to put on a dress, so I decided to use it as a day to read and relax. I picked up the book Zayn gave to me and began to read. Zayn was right, it was an amazing book. I had just finished the chapter where Gatsby and Daisy reunite when I heard a knock on my door. Jen, Sam, and Lily stood there with hair tools, dresses, and accessories in hand.

“LETS DO THIS!” Sam cheered and they filed into my room. 

“What the hell are you doing Autumn?” Jen asked when she saw all my books on my bed. 

“Uh reading?”

“Well it’s time to get ready!” Sam plugged in her straightener, and Lily laid out her dress.

“It’s only 3 o’clock the formal doesn’t start till 6!”

“Trust me we’re going to need 3 hours.” I decided to let them use my room since they needed the space, so I sat in the kitchen and continued to read. 

“Autumn?” Jen peeked into the kitchen.

“Oh hey did you want something to eat?”

“No I’m fine but are you?”

“Yeah I’m just not in the mood to get ready yet.” I shrugged. 

“Autumn can we talk?” She took a seat on the chair beside me. “I know you’re still upset about what happened, but tonight is your night to have fun! So you’re going to suck it up and enjoy it! He’s not the one ruining your day you are. You control whether you’re having fun or not, not him.” With that Jen got up and headed back to my room. She had a point, so I got up and walked into my room.

“What should I do with me hair?” The girls looked at me with excitement. 

Sam was right it does take a long time to get ready. I curled my hair into big soft curls, and did a small braid to pin back my bangs. I applied some red lipstick, winged out my eyeliner, and slipped on my dress. 

“Damn we look good.” We admired ourselves in the mirror. The boys and their dates arrived shortly after. Louis gave me a small hug.

“You look very pretty Autumn.” He grinned. 

“You look pretty too Louis!” I laughed, but he did look handsome. He wore a black tuxedo with a black tie, and his hair was slightly slicked back. We took some photos with each other and then headed to the limo outside. “You didn’t have to get a limo!”

“Trust me it was so easy, my friends knows a guy.” Harry said proudly.

“Well that doesn’t sound sketchy.” Liam teased. We hopped into the limo and made our way to the formal. The formal was winter wonderland theme, which was cliché but it looked pretty. Silver snowflakes hung from the ceiling of the banquet hall, white drapes hung above, and there were extravagant center pieces on every round table. The main colours were blue and silver, so a blue light hit against the white drapes, and a huge chandelier hung above the entrance.