Chapter 3- Nice to Meet You Too

I was glad I had art now, I needed some time to relax and just draw. I took a seat near the back and pulled out my sketch book. I began to sketch a picture of some of the trees I saw this morning on my way to school. 

“That’s really good.” I dropped my pencil and looked up. A boy with a dark brown quiff stood above me with a grin on his face. 

“Oh thanks!” I replied. He took a seat beside me and pulled out his own sketch book as well. 

“I’m Zayn Malik by the way.” He held out his hand for me to shake. 

“Autumn Williams.” I shook his hand, and smiled. His hands were soft, and his is smile instantly made me melt. 

“O-M-G Zayn, did you finish the assignment?!” Just as I thought my day was going well Kristen waltzed in. She wore a black skirt that was way shorter than what the dress code asked for, and a pair of black wedge heals. She had a slight bounce to her step as she walked up to him, but then she saw me. She stopped instantly and her eyes began to narrow. “You’re in my seat.” She walked right up to me and looked down.

“Oh, sorry I didn’t know there was assigned seating.” I collected my stuff off the table.

“There isn’t Kristen why don’t you sit beside me on this side?” Zayn interrupted. Kristen looked at him innocently.

“Yeah why didn’t I think of that?!” She said sweetly batting her lashes at Zayn. “I’m Kristen by the way.” She said looking back at me with a fake smile.

“I’m Autumn.” She spun around and walked to the seat beside Zayn without another word to me. 

“Zayn, could could you help me with my portrait my nose turned out weird.” She sounded so fake it made me sick.

“Sure.” Zayn grabbed her drawing and began to sketch on it. I peaked over Kristen was right, the nose looked a little off, but Zayn fixed it up nicely. “Here you go,” He handed it back to her. “you didn’t shade enough so it looked a bit flat.” 

“Your a life saver!” She gave him a wink and flipped her hair over her shoulder. Everyone began to hand in their drawings in, while I sat at my desk.

“Everyone we have a new student, Autumn Williams.” Mr.Gerald held his hand in front of him directing it to me, everyone turned to face me. I began to get nervous, so I gave a shy smile. “Why don’t you tell us about yourself, so we can all get to know you better.”

“Uh...” I looked at the corner of my eye and saw Zayn glancing over at me. “Well I moved here from Montreal, Canada.” 

“Excellent, welcome.”

“Thanks.” Mr.Gerald’s began to hand out an assignment sheet.

“Montreal cool.” Zayn said.

“Yeah I guess.” I replied nervously. I sucked at talking to guys, especially when they were cute. It was boiling inside the classroom, or was it because I was nervous to talk to him? I slipped off my cardigan and began to read the assignment. 

“So everyone for this project you are going to paint, sketch, whatever you like. The sky is the limit. However, the theme is inspiration. You are required to draw something or someone that inspires you.” My mind began to wander what inspires me? “It can be as big or as small as you like. I want to give you as much time as possible, so it’s due by the end of this month, so November 30th.” It was going to take me that long to even think of something that inspired me. 

Finally the bell had rung, so I began to put my things away. 

“Have any clue what you’re going to do?” Zayn asked as he slipped his things into his canvas backpack. 

“Nope, how about you?” 

“Don’t know it’s tough!” I grinned, at least I wasn’t alone.

“I have no clue either Zayn!” Kristen budded in, fiddling with her hair. He gave a kind smile in return. Clearly I wasn’t wanted.

“Well I’ll see you guys later, bye.” I started to head out the door. 

“Loser.” I heard Kristen say just as I left.

HOPE YOU LIKED IT! I know it was a short chapter, but there will be more to come!