Chapter 22- Here We Go

I began to panic I pulled out my phone, but just my luck it was dead. 

“Shit, shit, shit!” I ran around, but I kept bumping into dead ends. I finally gave up and crumbled to the ground. This maze was a perfect example of my life, a series of dead ends that I was never going to get out of. My eyes began to water, and I let out a small whimper. Suddenly I heard a voice.

“Autumn you here?!” It was Zayn. 

“Help!” I shouted. I didn’t really care who came to get me out, but in a way I was glad it was him. I stood up and waited for him to find me. He finally came around a corner of the maze with a smile on his face, but it changed when he saw my frown.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, concerned.

“Nothing I was just scared.” I gave a tiny smile.

“Why’d you leave you didn’t get to hear the rest of the song.” 

“I just needed some air I’m not into these kind of things.”

“I know,” He was referring back to our first real conversation at Kristen’s party. 

“How’d you know I was out here?”

“I had to beg Lily to tell me, you’re friends are really protective of you!” We both let out a little laugh.

“It’s sweet though, I never had friends that cared so much about me.”

“You’re special that’s why.” My cheeks began to burn, but I tried to play it cool. 

“Clearly I’m not special enough for some people.” I was not going to let him have it so easy.

“Autumn can we talk?”

“Since we’re here.” We took a seat on the bench. I tired not to sit so close to him, but since the bench was tiny to begin with I had no choice but to sit close to him. 

“Autumn you scare me.” I looked at him puzzled. “I mean you scare the shit out of me.”

“Am I supposed to feel good?”

“Let me finish. I have never met a girl like you before. You’re so smart, you love art and you’re good at it, you speak french, you like good music, you're everything.” He let out a sigh. “I never knew someone like you would like someone like me.” He bit his lip slightly which made my heart flutter. “You’re so different from any other girl, and that’s why you scare the hell out of me. I didn’t know it was possible to meet someone like you, and then I met you and that changed. I didn’t want to mess it up with you, because you’re so special.”

“But you did.” Thinking back to seeing him kiss Kristen.

“I know that, and I will never be able to forgive myself for that. When I was at the party and I was alone with Kristen I wasn’t thinking straight. I let all slip away from me. But Kristen is not the one for me, you are.” I let out a sigh. “It’s selfish of me to ask for you’re forgiveness, because what I did was awful.”

“It felt like a knife through the chest.” My eyes began to water again, but I held back the tears. “I trusted you.”

“I know, I know.” He put his hand on my cheek. “I’m so sorry Autumn, and I wish I could go back in time and fix it. Autumn I don’t want to let you slip away from me ever again, and if we do give this another shot I will not let you down. I would do anything for you.” A few moments passed, which allowed me to think about it. A mixture of amazing moments with him rushed back to me. Like when we showed our tattoos to each other, and our first kiss. I really did believe him. My mother always told me if a guy goes through a lot of trouble for you he’s a keeper. And Zayn would be that guy.

“What do you propose Malik?” I smiled.

“I would like another chance with you Autumn Williams.” 

“What happens if I say no?” I teased.

“Then I’ll keep fighting for you.”

“So there’s no way out of it is there?”

“Not a chance.” With that Zayn cradled my face with his warm hands and kissed me lightly on the lips. I placed my hands on top of his, it felt so right. We pulled apart and pressed our foreheads against each others. My heart was beating like crazy it felt like butterflies were flying around my stomach.

“I missed you.”

“I missed you too.” We sat like this for a few moments.

“We better go back inside, my date must be worried sick!” I joked.

We walked inside, I saw my table look over at me. Lily smiled when she saw that I was holding his hand. Louis was talking to Haley with a huge grin on his face, he clearly was fine without me. Zayn pulled me to the dance floor and we began to jump around just like we did at the party. I think Jen’s and Liam’s gift will come in handy. 

“What the hell is this?” Kristen shouts. We stopped dancing, and a few others stopped as well to hear in. “We’re supposed to be at our table Zayn, and why are you dancing with her?”

“I can do what I want Kristen stop bossing me around.” It was refreshing hearing him speak up to himself for once.

“You.” She stepped closer to me. “You bitch, you ruin everything.” She spat at me.

“Back off Kristen.” Zayn said with such intensity.

“You’re supposed to be on my side! Ever since she came along all you do is protect her.”

“What’s your problem Kristen you’re my friend, be happy for me.”

“How can I be happy when you’re with her she’s a mess.”

“That’s enough Kristen we’re through.” Kristen’s jaw dropped.

“You’re making a big mistake.” Kristen’s face turned beet red, and spun around. She took what was left of her dignity and left.

“I’m sorry about that.”

“It’s not your fault don’t worry.” I sat back at my table, while Zayn went to his.

“Well, well, well.” Lily smirked.

“He must be one hell of a guy for you to be going back to him.” Niall smiled.

“He is.”