Chapter 14- Electric Shock

After school on friday Zayn came home with me to have his very first art lesson. He insisted that I teach him how to do a portrait first. We both took a seat on my bed, I sat on one side and he sat on the other, so we faced each other.

“Okay let’s start off by drawing an oval.” He continued to do exactly what I told him to. It was cute how he focused so hard, and every so often he would ask me to help him. After half an hour he managed to draw an excellent portrait.

“Ta da!” He held is drawing up and gave a smile flashing all his teeth.

“I’m so proud! Oh you forgot to blend out this part.” I leaned over and began to smudge out some of the lines on his sheet. When I was done I realized how far I was leaning into him our faces were basically touching. I turned my head to face him, our noses brushed against each others. Zayn ran his fingers through my hair and kissed me. I pushed his sketchbook aside, and leaned in closer to him. His lips were soft and gentle against mine. I fell back onto my pillow wrapping my arms around his neck. Suddenly I pulled out breathing heavily. 

“I’m sorry, but I can’t.” Zayn gave me a confused look. “I mean I want to, but this is happening a little to fast for me.” 

“Don’t apologize we can take this as slow as you want.”

“Thanks for understanding.” I gave him a quick peck on the lips and smiled. He was being sincere, Harry was wrong he’s not a player at all.

“I didn’t know you had a tattoo!” Zayn said pointing to my hip. I looked where he was pointing, my shirt was slightly pulled up exposing my tattoo on the right of my hip.

“Yeah I got that a year ago it’s to remember my mom.” Zayn gently ran his hand on top of it his touch was like an electric shock on my skin.

“It’s beautiful.” He whispered still looking at the tattoo. I had gotten it when I just turned 16, I snuck out of the house and went to the closest tattoo parlor I could find. After my mom had died I felt like I owed it to her to get it, so it would feel like she was always with me. “Why did you get a dandelion exactly?”

“My mom always used to make a wish when she blew on a dandelion. She loved them because it gave her hope. When she found out she had cancer I remember she took me to the park filled with dandelions. We sat there for hours just making wishes we hardly said a word to each other. This tattoo reminds me of her dandelions were her thing.” I let out a bit of a laugh and sighed. “I miss her a lot I just want someone to talk to.” Zayn put his arm around my shoulder I rested my head against him. 

“I can’t imagine what it’s like I’m so sorry.”

“She would have liked you,” I looked up at him and gave him a smile. “do you have a tattoo?”

“I do actually!” Zayn pulled up the sleeve of his shirt exposing a Yin and Yang tattoo on his wrist. “The outside circle means ‘Everything’, and the black and white cause everything to happen”

“I like it I can’t believe I never saw it before.”