Chapter 9- So Close, Yet So Far

“I didn’t see you at lunch yesterday, where were you?” Lily asked as she walked me to art.

“Oh I was sitting with Jennifer, Liam, and Zayn.” 

“You know Sam hates her.”

“I know, but that shouldn’t stop me from talking to her.” 

“I guess, so how are you and Zayn?” She asked making sure to put an emphasis on ‘Zayn’. “I saw you guys hanging out after school by your locker.”

“You creep!” I said jokingly.

“Have you told him how much you love him?” 

“You have a crazy imagination.” 

“What were you two talking about?”

“About French he asked me to tutor him for our test tomorrow.” Lily grabbed my shoulder, stopping me from walking.

“How can you be so nonchalant?! Zayn Malik asked you to be his tutor!” I tried to act cool about it, but my heart was doing cartwheels.

“He’s just coming over to my house to study Lil.”

“JUST COMING OVER TO YOUR HOUSE?! How can you be so calm?” 

“I don’t want to get my hopes up Lily.”

“Well you better look cute anything can happen!” 

“I’m looking forward to tonight.” Zayn said in art. We were drawing a vase for our still life assignment. 

“I wouldn’t be so excited Malik we’ve got a lot of work.”

“I’m ready for it hit me with your best shot.” Zayn said flirtatiously.

“Oh I will.” Kristen was eyeing us from across the room giving me a dirty look. I knew talking to him was pissing her off, but it was fun to see her get so worked up.

I headed to the caf to meet up with everyone. 

“Who’s excited for this saturday?!” Niall asked, bouncing up and down in his seat.

“I can’t wait to hear you sing!” Harry said equally as excited. 

“Just don’t choke!” Louis said teasing Niall. Everyone shot him a look. “What?” He said innocently Harry punched him in the shoulder. “Hey what was that for?!” Harry and Louis began to play fight, and everyone at the table began to laugh. I looked at Jennifer, Liam and Zayn from across the cafeteria. 

“I’m going to go talk to Zayn about some French stuff.” I said making up an excuse to go talk to him.