Chapter 23- A Fighter

I spent my saturday morning recovering from last night. What happened last night? I went to formal, Kristen yelled at me, and Zayn and I made up. I smiled for the last part. I laid in bed for a bit staring at my ceiling. My eyes began to wander eventually, and then I saw all my birthday gifts still on my dresser. I tumbled out of bed and began to open them. Louis, Niall, and Harry got me a collection of new CDs and one of them happened to be a CD with their songs on it. I laughed when I saw the card.

Hope you like the CDs...Out of all of them ours is the best! Duh. Happy birthday!!!

xoxoxo

-Niall, Harry, and Louis <3

I let out a smirk and continued to rummage through the gifts. I opened Lily’s and Sam’s gift next. It was in a Victoria’s Secret box...This would be interesting. I pulled out a black lace corset. I began to giggle, only they would. I read the card for an explanation.

If you get lucky with Zayn...Joking! Just incase it’s not your thing here’s some money! 

Xoxoxo

-Lily and Sam <3

Money fell out of the card, but I couldn’t stop laughing. Last I came across a bag. I pulled out the sketchbook Zayn got me. I admired the portrait he drew of me it gave me goosebumps. I stood up and walked over to my desk with the book. I propped it open to the portrait and put it on my desk. 

I slid on the last of bracelets, and walked over to the mirror. I took a quick look at myself I wore a casual maroon high low dress, a thin brown belt, black combats, and a grey cardigan. I smiled at my reflection I was excited. 

“Autumn you ready?!” My dad called out.

“Coming!” I grabbed my purse and headed out he door.

“I’m excited to see your artwork.” My dad had made sure to be home in time for the art show, which was really sweet.

“I’m glad you could make it, but I don’t know if my art will be up.” I looked out the window of the car.

“What do you mean?”

“Only the good art is going to be put up, and I don’t think mine is that amazing.”

“Yours is good enough your mother would be proud.” I smiled.

We began to walk around the gallery, waiters approached us with appetizers and drinks. A girl and a few guys from school stood to the side and played on their cellos and violins. I looked around the room, art hung on the walls some behind glass and others in frames. 

“Wow your school goes full out.” My dad nudged me. They did, it was dim the lighting, and there were sculptures in the center of each room. Students from my school mingled around the room some students spoke to teachers. My eyes wandered till they met his. Zayn stood across the room and looked dashing. He wore black jeans, a navy blue v-neck, and a black blazer.