Chapter 20- Why Not

I continued to ignore Zayn the rest of the week, which was near impossible. He kept trying to call me, text, and meet me outside of my classes. I was doing a pretty good job until thursday came along. Today in French we were practicing having conversations with one another. Most of the class was excited since it meant basically doing nothing the entire period, but I saw it as an opportunity for Zayn to talk. The whole class paired up instantly whileI tried finding a partner, but Zayn was the only one left without one.

"Travailller ensemble!" Madame Merse said to Zayn.

"What did she say?" He asked I couldn't ignore him forever.

"She said 'work together'." Zayn moved his chair to face me, while I kept my eyes on the wall behind him. I knew if I looked in his eyes I would feel something.

"Autumn can we please,"

"In French." I blurted.

"I don't know how to say it in French."

"Well I guess you can't say anything can you?" I snapped back. Zayn rolled his eyes, and grabbed a dictionary. After flipping through the pages he finally spoke.

"J'ai fait une grosse erreur, et j'ai foiré." I made a big mistake, and I messed up he said in French. I guess those French lessons did pay off. I looked into his eyes and I saw pain. 

"Tu as brisé mon coeur." My eyes began to water. You broke my heart is replied in French. 

"Autumn I can't keep speaking French can we just talk normally?"

"Zayn not now."

"Let me just explain myself!" I got up and put my things away, I gave him one last thing before I ran out of the class. His dark chocolate brown eyes looked so sad it made my heart ache, but I couldn't forgive him after what he did for me.

I skipped friday I was in no mood to see Zayn another day. My dad called in sick for me, which was greatly appreciated. I heard a knock on my door around 4 o'clock I hoped it wasn't Zayn. I opened it to see Jen standing there with a bag of popcorn in her hands.

"I thought we could have a girls night?" 

"Did Zayn send you or something?" Jen still hung out with Zayn like it was okay what he did.

"NO! I came for you we need to talk!" I let her come in we took a seat on the couch. "What he did was wrong, and just because I still talk to him does not mean I think what he did was right. I told him that he messed it up big time, but at the same time I can't just leave my friend like that."

"Well you left me."

"That's why I'm here trying to make it up to you. He's an idiot Autumn, but he's also the sweetest guy ever!"

"I don't know many sweet guys that cheat on their girlfriend."

"Why can't you guys just talk it out?"

"It doesn't work like that why should I give him a second chance, he broke my heart. Besides why are you telling me to patch things up when you can't even fix things with Sam?"

"So now you're going to bring Sam into this?" She rolled her eyes.

"I'm sorry continue." 

"Did you even let him tell you what happened?"

"No."

"Kristen made the move on him."

"So now everything's fixed all of a sudden?"

"She took advantage of him when he was drunk! He had no clue what he was getting himself into."

"Kristen's a bitch, but what Zayn did was no better."