Chapter 6- Do Friends Make You Blush?

“Hey!” Lily greeted me as she walked into my flat.

“Hey Lil, what’s up?”

“Ugh, I have no clue what to wear tonight!” 

“Hun, let me work my magic.” 

After straightening Lily’s hair which took forever since it was so thick, I did a braid on each side, pinning back her bangs. Next I put some light brown eyeshadow in her crease and loaded on the mascara. 

“Woah.” Lily said as she looked at herself in the mirror.

“Do you like it?”

"Like it, I love it! Lily looks like one hot mama tonight!” We both burst out laughing. I began to curl my hair and do my makeup as Lily changed. She decided to wear a pair of black skinny jeans and a navy lace shirt. I searched my closet for something cute, but I was interrupted when my phone rang. Lily laid on my bed, and threw my phone over to me.

“Hello?” 

“Hey Autumn, it’s Zayn.” I froze for a moment. I headed to the kitchen so Lily wouldn’t hear.

“Hey Zayn, what’s up?” I tried to sound calm, but my palms began to get sweaty. 

“Nothing, I just had a question about French.”

“Sure!”

“Well for the paragraph we have to write, I was wondering how do you say ‘I like to draw and paint.’?” 

“You would say ‘J'aime dessiner et peindre.’” 

“Thanks Autumn your a life saver.” 

“No problem! Why are you doing French now anyway aren’t you going to the party?”

“Yeah, but my mom keeps nagging me to finish my French my mark is dropping.” 

“That sucks, but I’ll see you at the party?”

“Definitely!”

“See you then Malik!”

“Bye,” I could here him smirking on the other end. I hung up and continued to search my closet.

“Why are you so happy?” Lily could see me smiling ear to ear.

“Oh nothing.” 

“Oh common who was talking to you on the phone?”

“Uh...” Should I tell her? “Zayn Malik.”

“Ohlala into the bad boys aren’t we?”

“What are you talking about we’re just friends!” 

“Do your friends make you blush?”

“I am not blushing!”

“So do you like him?” I pulled out a pair of dark denim skinny jeans and a black sheer blouse, with gold studs on the shoulders. 

“How about this?” I showed my outfit to Lily.

“Don’t change the subject, spill.”

“I don’t know, I guess I kinda do like him. But I hardly know him!”

“Then get to know him! Talk to him tonight!”

“Easier said then done. Kristen is always with him she hates it when I’m with him.”

“Well she’ll be distracted tonight, hosting a party is not a walk in the park. Tonights the night you get to know him!”

“I guess,” 

“By the way wear that tonight it’s really cute.” 

Lily and I headed over to the party, and picked up Sam along the way. Sam looked gorgeous she had on a little black dress and a denim shirt. 

“Let’s go ladies!”

Kristen’s house was huge. Not only was it beautiful on the outside but the inside had marble flooring, and a crystal chandelier in the foyer. 

“You guys look great!” Louis greeted us along with Niall and Harry. 

“Looking good boys!” I giggled. I began to peek around the room searching for Zayn. 

“Looking for someone?” Harry moved beside me.

“Nah just checking out the scene. There’s so many people!” 

“Kristen goes full out!” 

“You can say that again!”

“We were just about to grab a drink want anything?” 

“Uhm I’m fine thanks! I’ll come with you though.” Louis, Harry, and I made our way through the crowd of people towards the kitchen. I watched them as they poured their drinks, Louis pretended to be a bartender so he began to do tricks with the bottles. I couldn’t help but giggle he made silly faces as he poured Harry’s drink.

“Woah Lou, have you ever considered becoming a bartender?” I said while laughing. 

“All the time!” He winked. 

“I’m going to go find the girls, see you guys later?”

“Sure!” I disappeared into the crowd looking for Lily and Sam. After looking around for what seemed like hours I needed to get some air. Kristen’s house was boiling, and I was  beginning to feel claustrophobic. I squeezed pass bodies trying to make my way to the sliding door which lead to the porch. I slid the heavy door open and stumbled out into he night. Her porch over looked a forest, below it I could see people outside. I made my way over to the porch banister, I let the wind hit my face, it instantly cooled me down. 

“Oh hey Autumn!” I turned to my right to see him.