Chapter 7- That's a Shocker

“Hey Zayn!” He stood there looking amazing with his hair in a quiff, and wearing a varsity jacket. I realized he had a cigarette in his hand.

“You smoke?” I asked trying not to sound like I was judging him. 

“I’ve been trying to quit it’s just that I’ve been stressed lately.”

“Well I’m not here to lecture you.” He dropped the cigarette and stomped on it.

“How is it in there?” He motioned inside the house.

“Crowded I nearly passed out.” He laughed.

“Thank god you didn’t!” 

“These parties aren’t really my thing, I’m more of a stay home and watch movies kinda girl.”

“I used to be more into things like this, but I’m just not in the mood anymore.” it felt nice to have someone agree with me.

“Why are you here then you seemed excited to come the other day.” 

“Well Kristen invited me, and my friend Liam asked me to come with him. However I can’t find him anywhere, I turn my back on him for 5 seconds and then he’s gone!” We both let out a laugh. “It’s good that you’re here though.” His tone became serious. 

“Yeah I’m glad I came.” I both looked into each others eyes.

“MALIK!” A boy with a buzz cut, wearing a red plaid shirt came between us. He had his hand wrapped around a girls waist. 

“There you are Liam!” I could tell Liam was a bit tipsy. “Liam and Jennifer this is Autumn.”

“Hey Autumn!” Liam and Jennifer said in unison. Jennifer had long curly black hair and deep brown eyes, they looked cute together. 

“Sorry to ruin your conversation, but Kristen told me she wanted to see you Zayn.” 

“Oh, okay.” Great just as I was getting to know Zayn Kristen had to interrupt. “I’ll see you later Autumn!” Zayn gave me a smile and headed inside with Liam.

“See ya.” The door shut and I was left outside with Jennifer. 

“Sorry about Liam I didn’t know he interrupted your conversation.” She said apologetically.

“No worries! You guys are cute together by the way!” 

“It’s our 8 months today, and he decided to come to this lame party.” She took a sip of her drink. “I had reservations for this really nice French bistro I had to book it 3 months in advance! But no Liam really wanted to come here instead and has now left me. At least I have you!”  I gave her a frown.

“That sucks you're handling it quite well though. If it was me I’d be at home sulking.”