Chapter 16- Happy Birthday

The first thing that popped in my head when I woke up on friday was it was my birthday. I was officially 17 years old, but I still felt like a kid. I didnn't feel any different which didn't come as a surprise. Then I thought about Zayn I hadn’t seen him for the last 2 days I tried texting him but he was being vague. I walked to the kitchen and saw a note on the table.

Happy Birthday Autumn have a wonderful day. I won’t be back till late, but dinner tomorrow for sure. 

Lots of love,

Dad

Beside the letter was a bouquet of daises which were my favourite flowers. I gave them a quick sniff and decided to get ready for school.

I was listening to my music bobbing my head slightly when I got to school. I opened the door to go inside, but a hand grabbed mine and pulled me back.

“WOAH!” I was pulled back against a wall.

“Hey!” Zayn stood in front of me with a wild look on his face. Before I could say anything he leaned in a kissed me long and hard. I instantly melted and wrapped my arms around him. We stood there kissing for a while, but then he pulled out. “I know it’s only been two days, but man I’ve missed you.” He gave me a quick peck on the lips. “First off...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

“Sh!” People looked at us. “I don’t like it when people find out it’s my birthday.”

“What do you mean?!”

“It’s just I don’t like it when people say ‘happy birthday!’ all day long, and it’s even worse when the entire class sings it.”

“Damn you are one of a kind.”

“But thank you how did you know?”

“FaceBook duh!” I laughed. “Also I saw it on your calendar when I came over.”

“Very true.” 

“Now we’re going out tonight, so cancel any plans you had.”

“You’re in luck Malik.”

“Good! By the way you’re going to love your gift.” 

“You didn’t have to get me anything!”

“Oh but I had too!” The bell interrupted us.

“I’ll see you later?”

“Of course.” Zayn gave me a quick kiss and then we went out separate ways. 

“Happy birthday!” Lily and Harry yelled as I walked into English. I took a seat and put my hand over my face.