Ch 25: Dress

Yesterday, I stayed up with Illumi all night, talking about what dress I would wear and how I would tell the public about our relationship and how our family's are not allies.

"Are you ready to start your training?" Gotoh asks me.

"I am."

I would be working on flexibility today. It was never my strong point.

Some time went by with training.

"It's a backbend. Just bend your back and land on your hands."

I try to do as he says but lands on my head instead.

"It's not working."

"How come you're a master at nen, yet you can't do a backbend?"

I frown, it was true, I couldn't do any practice like this. The only thing I manage to do well I the splits, but that took weeks of training and practice to complete.

"Backbends can come in handy, you know?" Gotoh tries to give me motivation.

"How so?"

"When you're in certain predicaments, backbends can save your life. For example if someone is continuously throwing things at you and you run out of normal doing moves..." Gotoh gives me an example of back-bending out of the way of an attack that another butler threw at him.

"Ok! I'll try my best!"

"Good, now, go!"

I take a deep breath in and bend my back swiftly. I extend my hands out to the floor and keep my eyes open, looking at the ground.

I yelp in surprise as I touch the floor and manage to keep balanced in the backbend position.

"See, you can do anything if you try." Gotoh tells me.

"That took up most of our time, I hope I didn't get rusty at anything while I was away."

"You weren't away too long."

Time goes by and Gotoh teaches me many more things until my next break.

I wouldn't be training for the rest of the day, instead, I was going to be measured so I could have the most perfect sized dress for the upcoming ball.

"Are you finished with your break?" I hear Illumi coming up behind me. I finish taking a sip of my water.

"Now I am."

"Good, we need to start preparations for how you will be dressed at the ball in four days."

I walk with Illumi to the dressing room and stand on a pedestal where they'd measure me.

"Illumi, you wait outside, it's rude to watch a girl getting measured." Kikyo orders Illumi.

"Yes, mother."

The maids take off some of my clothes so they could measure me.

Someone n the corner writes down all of the measurements in a small notebook.

Once they finish, I put my clothes back on and leave the room.

"Things like that take a while, I'm surprised you didn't get bored." Kikyo tells me.

"It only took 30 minutes, and they had to re-measure everything to make sure that they were right in the first place. I wanted to know what my measurements were."

"I see, the first time I had to be measured, I got extremely bored,"

"Oh."

"How did it go?" Illumi stands up from a seat outside of the room.

"She got all of her measurements, now all hey have to do is make it. I have my dress made, and there's a lot of people working on the dress, they'll get it done in time if you're worrying about that." Kikyo knows everything Illumi's thinking.

"That's good, you have another break for the rest of the day."

"I recommend you think about what you want to do other than assisting us on missions, we want you to know what you want to do." Kikyo says.

"I'll try."

"Make a lost and we'll sort everything out, make sure that you'll be able to use the bests of your abilities while you're thinking of the things you want to do." Illumi says.

"Will do, I'll make a list, bye!" I wave goodbye to them and go back to my room in the butlers quarters. 

(A/N) 666 words 😳😳 lol without the authors note of course.

(A/N) Don't forget to vote and follow if you like this story!