Ch 27: The Night of the Ball Pt. 2

"I-I'm cursed?"

"(y/n), y-you can break the curse, remember?" Avira tries to comfort me.

"But how?!"

"You just need to be stronger than me, remember?"

"Nellie said that she'd be stronger, but, she wasn't thinking about strong physically, but, strong in the world of business."

"She suffered and studied day and night, hardly getting any sleep so that the curse could be broken."

"You!" I point to my father.

"Did you make her do all of that?" I scowl at him.

"I don't know, did I? Nellie?"

"I did it with my own will."

"Why?! I'm almost about to break the curse! Look at Avira! He's almost come to life!"

"No, (y/n), I-I'm not alive."

"But your'e here, you're almost there..."

"The witch, she gave us a second chance through you (y/n), but the nen she used hasn't disappeared in your DNA, you need to work hard in order to stop this."

"Then let it be that way, but, I promise, I will be three times as strong as you."

"That's good." Avira smiles and pats my head lightly.

"You're going to pay for tormenting me for something I never could have avoided." I said and I walked away.

Avira gave the flashbacks the the Zoldyck's and they all contemplated what they should do in this situation.

"The only thing we can do right now, is cut ties with your family and become stronger than Avira." Zeno says.

"Don't worry, (y/n), I'll make sure all of this pain wasn't for nothing." Illumi says.

"Right, we're gonna get revenge." Avira comforts me.

A sudden burst of motivation passed through me.

"Alright, I can do this."

"The speeches will now be announced." The announcer says.

"Silva Zoldyck, you are the first one to give a speech tonight."

"I'll do the speech for you." Silva says getting up onto the podium.

I nod and hold Illumi's hand.

"Hello, my name is Silva Zoldyck. The head of my family. As you may have noticed, my eldest son brought the youngest daughter of the Akiyama family as his guest. But, we would like to clear something up."

I saw my parents faces become pale.

"We do not have any ties with their family. In fact, (y/n) is now our guest and is cutting ties with her family."

I heard gasps circling around the room. People murmured about this and gave dirty looks to my family.

In the business world, spreading lies about your family was the most looked down upon thing, especially when your entire family was powerful.

"Our eldest son brought (y/n) to our estate to train her and bring her away from her family. Thank you, that will be all."

The silenced echoed throughout the room when the murmurs stopped.

I squeezed Illumi's hand and took a deep breath out.

My family looked furious, but they knew that if they did anything, they would be beaten in anything they tried.

Illumi gave off a faint smile, telling me that everything would be ok.

The speeches ended soon after the head of powerful family said they speeches and we all spread out to talk business.

"(y/n), could you hang out with Avira for a bit, I have to speak with my father alone."

"Ok, will you be long?"

"Hopefully not."

My curiosity got the best of me. I got Avira and we snuck over to Illumi and Silva.

"What's going on?"

"Shhhh, you'll find out."

"Father, I don't think this is the right time for me to do this." Illumi says.

"I was thinking the same thing, she needs time to recuperate." Silva agrees.

"Is there another time I could do this?"

"Christmas is in a few months, you could do it then." Silva says.

"That'll be good." Illumi reaches his hand in his pocket.

"Don't take it out, someone might see." Silva warns Illumi.

Illumi takes his hand out of his pocket.

"I'll get going to see (y/n)."

Illumi walks towards the two of us. Avira grabs my hand and teleports us to where we were before.

"What do you think that was about?" Avira asks me.

"I don't know, but, we'll find out during Christmas. They've been acting strange all day." I reply.

"Hey, (y/n)." Illumi comes over to the two of us.

"Oh, hi Illumi." I greet him. Illumi takes both of my hands and puts them in his.

"Do you want to go to the balcony over there?" Illumi tilts his head to the balcony on top of the pool.

"Sure."

Avira waves to me and I follow Illumi, our hands still connected.

"(y/n)."

"Illumi?"

"Would you like to head over to the pool area?"

"If you want to."

Illumi grabs one of my hands again. We travel over to the edge of the pool.

"The pool, do you think it's romantic?"

"The pool? I guess so." I pay more attention to the pool, the blue lights flickering underneath the cool water.

"That's good."

Illumi makes eye contact without saying anything.

"Illumi? Is something going on?"

Without a word, Illumi leans in closer to me.

"Illu-" His name gets caught off by his lips touching mine. I close my eyes. A kiss.

"(y/n)."

"Illumi..."

I can't help but smile as wide as possible and hug him.

Actions... they speak louder...than words.

Illumi squeezes me tightly and rests his head on mine.

"(y/n). I love you." Illumi whispers in my ear.

"I love you too, Illumi."

And just like that, the night, that long cold, warm night...ended. 

(A/N) Don't forget to vote and follow if you like this story!