Ch 5: The Cards in his Hands Go Cut Cut Cut

(A/N) I decided I'd make a fun title this time to see how well this chapter does compared to the others lol)

        Most of the people on this side of the gate were panting and thought that the first phase was over. I heard the examiner and people talking about how this swamp is very dangerous. If we didn't follow him the entire time, we would get lost and die without question.

        "They use all the tricks in the book, they use the art of deception, follow me and you'll be safe," He said. Just as he said that, I heard somebody yelling behind me.

        "He's an imposter! He led you here so he could kill you! He's a man-faced ape just like this one!" He held up a male with an ape looking body and a face that almost copied the examiners.

        I noticed some people mumbling about how they thought that the examiner was the imposter. Amongst all of the ruckus, the man who was claiming to be the examiner was pierced by cards and fell to his death. I looked at the examiner and saw that he was holding the exact same cards that were pierced into the man's face.

        The man faced ape that looked like Satotz, and ran away into the Misly Wetlands. The dead one was brutally eaten by birds that were in the area.

        "The examiners are hunters all hand-picked by the chairman," Hisoka said proudly," I real hunter would've been able to catch those cards, quite easily in fact," I became more infatuated with him every moment. How much can he do anyways?

        "I'll take that as a compliment, but, if you try to do anything like that again, you'll be disqualified for trying to kill an examiner," Satotz briefly explained.

        "Got it," Hisoka slyly smirked.

        I looked around to try and find his purple friend. He stuck out like a sore thumb in this crowd. He was so tall. I've heard him speak before, but only to Hisoka. His voice was low, he creeped me out, but not as much as Hisoka does.

        I stood in front of them, if they ever separated, I would follow Hisoka. For now, until our friendship is complete, I'll use him as a learning tool. I'll also try to make allies with the people he knows, perhaps, then, I'd be able to gain even more power than I already have.

        When working on my third-eye ability, I've always wanted to know how to track people down with just their nen. The thing is, tracking normal people who can't use nen is easy, but if they are using zetsu, I wouldn't be able to track them by just using my senses. If I befriend people with tracking abilities, I'd be able to survive even better in the Hunter world, maybe even thrive.

        The only type of Hunter I know of at the moment are blacklist Hunters. If I want to be accepted in the Hunter world, I'd have to learn about it and understand it better than others do.

        "Nature can be so brutal sometimes," I hear Leorio say.

        "Follow me," Satotz commanded.

        Everyone started running in the direction Satotz was going, making sure not to accidentally turn in a different direction. I followed the man with the green outfit, who's name was Gittarakur. That's what I heard Hisoka call him. Hisoka was going in the same direction as everyone else. I heard people talking about him behind his back, but I decided to ignore the Hisoka gossipers. If I were to 'hang out' with him more, I'd have to get used to all of the people talking about him.

        "It uses more energy to run on wet ground" I heard Kurapika say. I noticed my stamina starting to deplete rapidly, yet slowly. Like all of the running from the dark hallway was starting to get to me. Although, like Kurapika said, it takes more energy, and I could just not be used to running in these kinds of conditions.