Ch 11: The Testing Gate

"What are you doing here Illumi?" I stand up.

"I thought you might need a little help, considering the predicament you've found yourself in."

"Isaacs's family is much less powerful than ours, even if we didn't try, we could still ruin them, it'd be a shame if one of the members of your family...happened to go missing." Illumi threatened.

Isaac's eyes grew dark with fear. All the color from his eyes dispersed.

"Illumi..., I don't think I really need help now, and anyways, you probably have a lot of things to be doing, don't you?" I ask him.

"I actually have the day early, I booked the next two weeks off, since I had no idea how long the exam would take, I'm quite bored."

"Oh."

"My mother said that I should get out and make more strong allies in case I ever need help. I've never needed help, but since I'm getting older and more experienced, more clients will show up."

He's ranting. I sigh.

"Look, Illumi, I can take care of myself, if you ever need me, you have my number, I'm probably not going to be too busy..."

"Nonsense, if you really want to make your family happy, you shouldn't marry a peasant like him."

"Illumi!"

"You could maybe marry one of the Zoldyck's business partners." Illumi thinks out loud.

"Really! Illumi!"

"I didn't know you were a friend of the Zoldyck's (Y/N), you could have told us sooner!" My mother yells at me.

"I didn't think it was important,"

"(Y/N)," Illumi starts," You look nice in that dress,"

"If you're trying to win me over, it's not working."

"Hmmmm~"

"Wait, you brought Hisoka here too?"

"He wouldn't stop bugging me about coming and seeing what I was doing, I didn't have much of a choice."

'he's like a little kid.'

Hisoka comes out from around the corner.

"You didn't tell me you were acquainted with one of the Zoldyck boys and his friend!" My grandmother claps her hands.

She's just like my mother, maybe that's why my mother was allowed to be married into the family.

"You guys really are a terrible family~"

"Hisoka!"

"I mean, your daughter could technically do whatever she wanted with you guys, she's stronger than all of your guards combined, not like you cared or anything."

My family blushes from embarrassment.

"(Y/N), you have three choices," Illumi starts," Continue this sad arrangement of your 'soul mate', go with Hisoka to heavens arena to get more fighting experience, or be trained by me and the butlers for a few weeks if you pass through our testing gate,"

"I-"

"Oh, and also, (Y/N)'s grandma,"

"Yes?"

"She's an ally of the Zoldyck family, she's an acquaintance of two of the Zoldyck boys, soon to be four as well as our grandparents and parents,"

"Oh!" She gasps.

"I'll take the test at your testing gate, if I fail, I'll go to heavens arena with Hisoka," I answer.