Ch 16: You Can Overcome Your Demons or Befriend Them

I sit back down and the man goes into the mens restroom. Illumi decides not to follow him because he was dangerous and he would need more space to defeat a man like him.

        My heart beat faster and my hands became sweaty.

        'Calm down' The voice tried to soothe me.

        'Okay' I responded back to him.

        Illumi finishes the last of the drink and I pop a marshmallow in my mouth.

        'Gross' I think to myself, but then I remember who else was listening in

        'YES, give me more! I like those sugar clouds! Not cotton candy, although I like those too, can you have more sugar? Please. Give. Give me now, I order you!'

        'Stop ranting!'

        'ok' I can hear him crying in my head.

        'ok, fine but only if you give me any more info'

        'Yayyyyyyyy!'

        I sigh and eat some of the chocolate that Illumi bought for me after we ate our cake.

        'I've been eating so much sugar, it makes me sick'

        'Whenever you don't want it, I'll eat it!'

        The voice started to rant on about how much he loved sugar.

        'Give me info, come on'

        'K, hmmmm, the mans name is Hanto and he specializes in summoning demons'

        'does that really work?'

        'Yeah, duh, demons are real'

        'interesting'

        'How do I know that you are real and not just in my imagination'

        'I'll show you later, but for now, just focus, I'll stop talking about sugar'

        Although the voice stopped speaking about sugar, pictures of sugary items kept popping up in my head.

        I sigh again.

        "Is something wrong?" Illumi asks me.

        "No, I'm just thinking about something." I wasn't entirely lying, but I wasn't the one thinking.

        "Hey girl!" I hear the man calling to me.

        "Yes?" I turn my head around to face the man, my hair hitting the cushion of the back of the chair.

        "Come here, I have something to tell you."

        I walk towards him cautiously and Illumi keeps a keen eye on me during the process.

        "What is it?"

        "You have a demon in you." He smirks.

        "If you'd like, the boss could let you meet him." His companion chimes in.

        'No! He's tricking you, he'll only use me for himself!'

        "I'm fine, I don't think my demons are too much of a problem." I answer him and go back to Illumi.

        Illumi gives me a stare, asking what was up.

        "I'll tell you later."

        'Thank you, I hate those types of people, thinking they can control demons like it's no problem, actually, I'm not a demon, I'm more of a ghost'