Ch 35: A Way Around

I glance at my hands, as I was lying in bed. Was I dreaming? My hands were those of a young child and I was in my family's estate.

"Illumi? Hisoka? Avira?" I call out the names of those who I've seen or wanted to see last. Covers covered my head. I slowly take them off of my head and look around the dark, spooky room.

My old computer flashed in the corner of the room and blinked over and over again, making the scene more eerie. More door was slightly open. But hone I looked outside the door, there was a small boy, who looked to be my age in the dream. Just a silhouette outside of my door.

I was terrified out of my mind. I couldn't move and my nen was failing me. It's only a dream. I wished my name would be called out by someone in real life, waking me up.

Hisoka POV

(y/n) had fallen asleep on the soft grass. Although the environment seemed peaceful, her face looked as though she had lost all hope. Was she having a nightmare? Should I call out her name or wake her up?

"Help me." She softly whispered. I shake her arm to see if she would wake up, but to no avail. I try a great many other things that would wake any normal person up I even caused her to shed blood. She wouldn't wake up.

(y/n)'s POV

I felt pain and I felt as if someone was trying to wake me up. But this nightmare wasn't ending. The boy started muttering something creepily.

"I've been with you this whole time, I've been here, I've been here, I've been here." He repeated those words over and over again. From the silhouette red eyes glared through his dark shadow. I felt nen attack me, and I finally woke up.

Hisoka's face was close to mine and his face was full of worry, a face I thought I'd never see on someone like him.

"Hisoka?" I ask.

"You stopped breathing, I had to jump start you lungs and heart with my bungee gum." I use gym to see his bungee gum around me.

"I what?" I ask shocked. His bungee gum unattached from me.

"Maybe you should just relax here." Hisoka suggests.

"Maybe I should." I say, rubbing the back of my head.

"Are you okay to be alone?" He asks. His voice wasn't normal, the personality of his voice changed to show worry.

"I think I'll be fine." I say. When Hisoka left, a voice started ringing in my head. The same voice from the boy in my dream. His face flashed before my eyes. His red eyes pierced through me. I was hallucinating his face. I try to look away from him.

When I look away, I see my family's silhouettes standing behind me. My mother put her soft hands on my face. I was frozen in place, just as I was in the dream. All of a sudden, all of my family's eyes flashed red just like the boys. All of them, except for Nellie.

"(y/n)?" Hisoka called out to me.

"Yes, Hisoka?" I was broken out of that spell.

"I have the leave cards." He informs me.

"Oh, thank you." I thank him. Hisoka gives me half of the leave cards and swiftly makes his way back to his daily life. I was left alone again.

"(y/n)." Feitan says my name.

"Yes?" I say.

"We sensed your nen and came to get you." Phinks says.

"We're going to leave, do you have a leave card for yourself?" Feign asks me.

"I do, I have a couple, in fact." I say.

"Alright, we're going to all leave at the same time." Phinks commands.

"Alright." I say. We all use our leave cards and go back to the Phantom Troupes base.

"How was it?" The leader asks.

"We got some cards and had fun." Feitan says. 

"Yes, that's what we did, leader." Phinks replies. 

"That's good." He says," And what about you, did you have fun with them." 

"I did." I reply. 

"Fantastic. You may take your leave, if I need you as a member of the troupe, I will send someone to come get you or send a message of some sort." He informs.

"I understand, I will take my leave now." 

"Of course." He says. I leave the base and teleport short distances many times and get back to the mansion. 

"Avira?" I call out my brothers name, hoping he will hear me with his skills. 

"Yes, (y/n)?" Avira's voice sounds more serious than usual. the people closest to me are acting strange one by one, it's like they're getting infected. Of course, Hisoka had reason to, but Avira doesn't.

"Is something the matter?" I ask Avira.

"No, why do you ask?" he asks.

"You just seem to be acting a little more...serious than usual." I say. 

"Oh, I see. Well, nothing weird is going on here!" He says in a bully voice. Maybe I'm just imagining things. I have to tell Avira about what Hisoka said, and about my strange hallucinations.