Ch 23: My New Family

We all ran home after our series of false directions from Avira, we managed to make it back to the hotel.

"You're bad at these things." Killua points out.

"Maybe I'll get trained more." Avira sighs from all the constant running throughout the city.

"At least we made it back to the hotel." I tried to stay positive. The boys were tired and I didn't want to exhaust them any further mentally.

"Let's go back to the room!"

Avira talks to me telepathically.

'I think we should report how our mission went. We were only supposed to watch them to see exactly what Killua was doing with his new friends'

'Don't say friends, Kikyo will get mad if you slip up and say friends in front of her.'

'Oh, right. But shouldn't we head back?'

'Yeah'

"Actually, Avira and I think we should head out, it was fun hanging out with you guys, though!"

"Awww, can't you help us out a little bit?"

"Maybe we'll send you some money, but I don't know how much we have."

"Oh, ok, thanks guys!" Gon waves to us.

Avira and I go back to the place where the butlers dropped us off on the helicopter.

I had told the butlers that Avira and I would come and go back to the estate later, so they were waiting for us at the top of the building.

Avira and I teleported to the top of the building. After our training, we were able to teleport wherever we wanted.

"Good evening Master Avira and Miss (y/n)." One of the butlers greeted us as we went inside of the helicopter.

"Good evening." Avira and I said in unison with each other.

The helicopter ride was a short one.

Avira didn't have much of a childhood, he really only watched mine, and because of my circumstances, I didn't have much of one either.

We played eye spy just like little kids until we got back to the Zoldyck mansion.

"We're here!" Avira said posting out the large gate in front of the estate.

"Let's get out as soon as we can, it feels like I haven't seen Illumi in a really long time."

"Yeah! I can't wait to get a long sleeeeep," Avira held out the word sleep and mimicked someone sleeping.

Avira stepped out of the helicopter right before it landed and ran out into the trees.

"He seems to be energetic today." I heard a slightly emotionless voice say behind me.

"Illumi!" I turn around and hug him. The fans of the helicopter slowed down.

"I've missed you." Illumi admits.

"I wasn't gone too long, I hope?"

"It felt like forever."

"Oh, Illumi." I treated him like a little kid at times. He would sulk without knowing it.

"Mother told me that touch can bring two people together." Illumi held something behind his back.

I blush, embarrassed.

"So.."

"Yeah?"

He pulls out a hair brush from behind his back.

"Will you brush my hair?" Illumi tilts his head like a puppy as he asks me the question.

I thought about it for a second. His hair did look like it needed to be straightened out.

"I purposely messed up my hair for this." Illumi says, tilting his head back.

"You really thought everything through..."

"What do you say?"

"I'll brush your hair." I say giving into him.

"That's good, I found a place in the garden."

Illumi quickly grabs my hand and runs into the forest surrounding the area.

"Illumi, where are we going?" I ask him trying to regain my balance from being pulled by hm.

"A clearing in the trees I found yesterday. Close your eyes."

As I close my eyes, I feel Illumi slipping his arm around me so I wouldn't trip. I could feel myself blushing. I wondered what was going on.

Illumi slows down and lets go of my waist.

"Don't open your eyes yet."

I hear a few things rustling around me and Illumi's presence moving around as well.

"Can I open them now?" I say as he finishes doing whatever he was doing.

"You may."

I slowly open my eyes and look around at the sight before me.

"Wow." 

(A/N) Don't forget to vote and follow if you like this story!