Ch 36: Partly

"So, Avira..."

"Yes? What is it?" He opens the testing gate and we both walk inside.

"Hisoka mentioned to me that some things might not have been told to me."

"What things? What do you mean?"

"You know... Secrets about my family."

"Those were...all answered during the ball."

"I keep getting hallucinations. There's a boy with red eyes that keeps saying something like I've been here this whole time."

"It's your imagination, you must be stressed from what happened." Avira says. That wasn't like him. I would think that if this was all my imagination he would laugh it off, not act sort of...comforting.

I don't know what's going on, but I have a gut feeling that it's not good. I have this sinking feeling in my stomach that nothing is real. I don't know how to explain it, but all I know is what's happening currently in the present. Holding onto the past won't do anything.

"(y/n), you're back already?" I hear Illumi ask.

"Illumi!" I run up and hug Illumi as he stands in the path leading to the main estate.

"Did you miss me?" He asks.

"Of course I did!" I say, hugging him slightly tighter.

"You're cute." He says, patting my head. I look around to see if Avira was still here, but there was no trace of him.

"I have some things to talk about with you." He says.

"Can you say it here? I don't want to escape." I say, still engulfing myself in Illumi's embrace.

"Sure." He says, continuing to pat my head.

"So, what do you need to talk about?" I ask.

"The Zoldyck's were thinking of making Avira an assassin. We'd have to teach him a boat-load of manners and ettiequte, but I'm sure he'll get It in no time."

"You didn't really have to speak with me about it, after all, it's his life now." I say.

"Yes, but, will making him stronger make it harder for you to catch up to him?"

"It's his life, all I can do is be better and train harder, using my skills to my advantage more than before."

"Hmm, you seem more determined than before, did something happen?"

"Yeah, but it's a really long story and I don't want anyone to accidentally hear. But, I realized that I have so many abilities that I could've used to my advantage so many times before."

"That's good. I won't get in your way, but if you need help be sure to contact someone who can help you." He says.

"I will."

"May I ask how you will use your abilities?" He asks.

"Well, as you might know, my powers are based on the Creepypasta Slenderman, who has a lot of abilities that I've accumulated over the past few months."

"Yes, I know. Continue."

"I can use so many of those to my advantage."

"Can you remind me what the powers are?"

"Of course, well, you know the slender sickness, which causes a LOT of effects and symptoms on the person, and I can teleport, the tentacles are something I can create, he can control peoples minds, and he's even shapeshifter. But, some of these things haven't manifested in me yet."