Ch 15: Piece of Cake

Illumi lets go of me and I give him one more squeeze before I let go. He dries my tears with his hands and smiles.

        Illumi smile is very small, but I can tell it's there.

        "I like it when you smile." I say honestly.

        "Like this?" Illumi tries so smile but it looks more like something a certain high school hero teacher in a yellow sleeping bag would do.

        I put my hand on top of his head to the best of my ability, because I'm so short, and ruffle up his long hair.

        "It feels like the day has just begun, we'll have a long day tomorrow as well." Illumi says.

         He went back to his monotone self again.

        "Yeah, I'll see you at out mission tomorrow!"

       "It's an actual mission not just a date, so train" He reminds me.

        "I will, bye!"

        I walk in the opposite direction of Illumi to the butlers quarters, while I was walking, not far from where we had our small embrace, I found a bouquet of flowers lying on the ground.

        "What might this be for?" I ask myself out loud.

        There was a small card hanging off a string on one of the flowers.

        'To (y/n), I love you-Illumi'

       I take the flowers back to my room and put them neatly in a glass vase for them to make my room just a little more special.

        I save the note and put it in one of the drawers on my night stand.

        The practices should be based more on my abilities and how to make them stronger and more intimidating.

        There was something I had never tried before with my tentacles. It was walking with them, like a spider to be exact.

        I go outside to a large clearing of trees behind the quarters and make my tentacles. I try to balance on them all at the same time and keep falling down.

        My head started to hurt from falling down five feet over and over again.

        "Sometimes it takes trial and error," said Gotoh. He stands behind a tree and comes out so I can see him.

        "I guess..."

        "It's hard to come up with something, it's even harder to make it work."

        Gotoh and a few other butlers work with me on my tentacle problem until I was able to stand of my own eight tentacles.

        The next thing I would have to do was be able to walk like a spider. It took me a few tries, but since I mastered being able to stand, it wasn't too hard after watching a few videos of spiders and how they moved. I was never a fan of spiders, but this will make me seem strong.

        I never want to feel weak again.

        I worked on running through the forest around me in the Zoldyck estate with my tentacles so I could get used to dodging obstacles when I'm on my mission.

       A few years ago, all this training would've taken months to complete, but, now, it's only taking me a day.

        Maybe it was the fact that I wasn't worrying about my family and how they think about me as much.