Ch 3: Nen and Growing

I woke up and got in my usual casual clothes. Training started today, since Cassandra isn't always available, she told me that she would give me a list. Of things to do while she wasn't training me. So far the list is the basic things that I've already been doing.

        "Hey, sis, you seem rather casual today," My sister says, combing her long blonde hair. Her hair was light colored and long, while mine barely passed my shoulders and was midnight black.

        "Yeah, I'm going to train again today," I say.

        "Oh, well, just make sure that you take breaks, or else you could ruin the muscle that you worked so hard to build up." She says.

        "I will," I say.

        "Hey, how about we arm wrestle," She starts," I've been working on toning my arms so that they don't look flabby when I wear short sleeve shirts or dresses," She stops combing her hair and rolls up her sleeve. The muscle on her arms seemed to be twice as big as mine, and yet smaller than my actual arm. Well, it's not surprising considering that my arm is basically all flab.

        "Ready...set...go!" She says. My arm instantly twists under the power of her strength and I wince from the pain.

        "You have a long way to go before you even catch up to me physically (y/n), keep training like tomorrow is the day that you have to prove yourself." She says walking out of the room. She seemed to tower over me when it came to everything. One day, I swear, I'll be stronger than she'll ever be.

        Cassandra came into the room, and we started training. I was ripping my muscles apart so that they could reform and become stronger. The harder I trained the stronger I became. Every month, I would arm wrestle with Nellie when she came home after a trainee business trip. Every time, I was beaten, but, every time I seemed harder and harder to bring down.

       Eventually, by the third year of training, I was able to defeat my sister in arm wrestling as if I was up against a baby.

        "You've gotten a lot stronger than you were when you were eight years old. You're now 12 years old and are able to defeat your sister in an arm wrestling battle." Cassandra says.

        "Yes, master Cassandra." I stand in a tension stance.

        "But, are you able to beat me?" She asks. I look at her. She's obviously much more powerful than me and could beat me easily.

        "I don't believe that I'd be able to." I say.

        "Teachers are supposed to train their pupils in order to become twice as strong then they will ever be," She starts," By the time you take the Hunters Exam, I want you to be three times as strong. Until then, I won't let you take the exam." She commands.

         "I am ready for you training master," I bow. Three times more powerful?! I have no idea how strong she is now, how could I beat her? My physical strength has been adding up slowly, by the time I take the Hunters Exam, I might be at least 30!

        We sat down at the table where I always arm-wrestled Nellie.

        "1...2...3...now!" Cassandra shouts.

        I struggle in taking her down, when I look upon her I can see that she's not even breaking a sweat, is she not using her full power? I have such a long way to go.

        After a while of my struggling to even get her arm passed the one-half mark, she eventually ends the match by pushing my arm down slowly so that my arm wouldn't break from her immense strength.