Ch 9: Friends???

I set up camp and slept until I heard birds chirping in the distance, nature seemed so calm. I picked up my stuff and tried to look for a different place to set up camp. I want to move myself everyday so it becomes less apparent where I am.

        I also want to look for other people.

        I take out my water bottle from my backpack and the last drop of water lands on my tongue. I should go out to the place where I found the fresh water, there could be other people getting a drink there as well.

        My feet made soft pitter-patters on the ground when I don't use zetsu to hide my presence. It would be more sufficient if I hid myself from predators, human or animal.

        Water splashes when I reach the small river. I get a peak of what's going on. Gon's trying to hit birds in the sky, probably to get training in for the hunt. I don't know who's hunting me, but it might not be Gon, even if it was, I'm sure I could dodge him and escape, avoiding hurting him.

        "Hey, Gon!" I introduce myself.

        "Hi (y/n)!" He waves at me.

        "I'm not the person you picked am I?" I asked him.

        "No..." He probably regrets the person he got.

        "Am I yours?" He asks me.

        "I already got my person's" I hold up my and my prey's badge for Gon.

        "Oh," He seems disappointed.

       "It was only because he was weak, I snatched his badge right after he got off the boat, he probably doesn't even know it's gone." I say.

         "The person I'm hunting is Hisoka," He says. What? It's going to be next to impossible to steal his badge from him, unless he masters the art of hunting in this short time.

        "Do you know how you'll get his badge?" I ask him. I'm sure he hasn't ever done anything like this. I had to steal flags from Cassandra while she used nen projectiles to try and stop me. I mastered switching between zetsu, ren, ten, and my Hatsu duding those practices.

        She also gave me written tests about how I would use my ability during certain situations. For example, if someone was attacking me, and they could teleport, how would you fight them without knowing their patterns of movement or their other abilities?

        She would also tutor me academically, since my parents refused to send me to school. On our island, it's totally legal for kids to not go to school if their parents don't want them to.

        A lot of the kids end up getting fancy jobs and getting a lot of money anyways because of who their family is. I never really made friends on the island, since I hardly went out of my house's premises.

        Gon kept practicing, I watched him for a while before noticing that some was watching us. I've noticed a lot of the presence of animals or insects, but this one was human. It's either the person hunting me or Gon. This person was weak since they were leaking the normal human amount of aura and not using zetsu.

        I need to find out who's hunting me before I can be sure I'm safe, and even then, some people may be trying to get the three points and not their preys badge.

        I wanted to protect Gon, he was such an honest and innocent boy. I didn't want him to get hurt in any way. I stayed close by to him, in case the person tried to attack. I moved slightly away to see if they would follow me, they didn't. It was there person hunting Gon.