Taken

Your eyes fluttered open, taking in your room as you fully awakened. The decor that you hand-selected came into view once again, making you sigh.

Every time you go to sleep, you dream about your past life. Laughing with friends, going to parties, and spending time with your family are what they usually centered around. In the dreams you're always having fun, always laughing, and always enjoying your life. You have the perfect life in these dreams, unlike the life you live when you're awake. Every time you wake up to your sad reality it's like a slap in the face.

You've been away from home for about two years now. It feels like much longer, but you're sure that it hasn't been. You make sure that Justin provides you with a calendar every month so you won't lose track of time. You even keep them well after the months are over, stuffed in one of your drawers to look back on and check how much time has passed.

Justin is your kidnapper. The night he took you was still a blur but you know you were going home from being out with your friends. You were probably tipsy or drunk, like you left most parties that you went to. Every time you thought about it, you realized how dumb you were for doing that.. but there's nothing you can do about it now.

The first few months of being with Justin were hard for you. You cried yourself to sleep every night and everyday you tried to escape, much to Justin's dislike. He always punished you for this by locking you in the dark dungeon he calls a basement or starving you for weeks. At the time you didn't care, though, because you wanted to be free. You needed to be free.

After a while you broke. You started to accept your new life for what it was. You stopped trying to break free so Justin stopped punishing you. He actually treated you pretty well now that you were cooperating. You still cried yourself to sleep sometimes, though, when the pain of missing your friends and family became too much or whenever you thought about how sad they must be without an answer for your disappearance.  They probably think you were raped, murdered and left in the woods for your body to deteriorate. On those nights you wished you could talk to them or that you really were dead so they would at least be mourning for a reason. Those nights were always the toughest.

After getting out of bed, showering and throwing on some leggings, a white shirt and your favorite houseshoes, you fixed your hair and walked out of your room. After you stopped trying to escape, Justin became okay with you walking around the house as you please. He still had security cameras and guards at every door and window, though. Just to be safe.

You walked downstairs, making your way to Justin's office. A lot of times you'd sit in there with him, talking and laughing with him if he didn't need you to do anything around the house or if he wasn't gone or too busy to be bothered with you.

Aside from being the crazy man that basically took your life, you found out that he was pretty cool.. and attractive, too. He has brown eyes, a gorgeous smile and flawless bone structure. When his sandy brown hair wasn't in a perfect quiff it was just a wild mess on his head and, honestly, you liked it the better that way. His arms were adorned with tattoos and one time, when you accidentally walked in on him when he was changing, you saw that he had a cross on his chest, right above his defined six pack. For a few days, it was hard to have your talks with him without thinking about it.

When you talked to him, you always found ways to get answers from him. He told you how he managed to take you, which was very easy in both his and your opinion, and his reason for doing it. His wife, Hazel, was bugging him about having a friend, another female, to talk to and shop online with since she couldn't leave the house either after something happened in the beginning of their marriage that made him not trust her. He never told you what it was but you knew that she cheated on him, it was obvious. Justin was a very strong, powerful, and sometimes scary, man but underneath all of that he had a big heart and was hurt easily. He just used anger as a reaction most of the time.