"Are you getting my good side?" | BLURB

You put the cup of juice to your lips and took a sip as you closed the small refrigerator. The fruity liquid was just as cold and refreshing as you hoped it'd be, you closed your eyes at the taste just because it was that good. When you opened your eyes, you were startled by the person now standing in front of you.

"You scared me." you told Justin. He laughed at his easily frightened best friend as his fingers were tightly wrapped around the cell phone in his hand. Once you noticed this, you just knew he was recording. You recently joined his tour to keep him company while he's on the road, so he'd have someone he trusts to talk to and go out with while doing what he loves. It didn't take long for Justin to get used to having you around. He was always up to something when it came to you. Whether it was hiding your phone or just saying things to get on your nerves, he always found a way to mess with you. Lately he's taken some pointers from his videographer, Rory, and has been recording everything. It was just a matter of time before he used his new interest to mess with his old one, you.

"Two questions. Why are you recording me and are you getting my good side?" you said as you took another sip of juice.

"You don't have a good side." he said, the smile never leaving his face.

"This is true." you replied with a smile as his remained glued to his face. There was a moment of silence between the two of you as you just stood there. He was still recording for whatever reason and was still smiling at you as you did the same. You started to think about how Justin was probably the nicest person you've ever met and how comments like the one he just made were very common for him. It was such a contradiction and it just didn't go together in your head. "How are you the sweetest person I know and also the meanest?" you asked him. He just laughed at your question, not answering it but continuing to look at you through his phone screen. You couldn't figure out what his problem was today or why he found you so interesting in this moment to record you, but you didn't mind really. You were just happy that you could spend this time on tour with your best friend, no matter how annoying he is sometimes.