Deja Vu

tell me, is that deja vu? cause you want me & i want you.

Colorful lighting, endless music, nonstop dancing, fruity drinks and a few friends. That's what you were promised. Coming to this party, you never expected for things to end up the way that they did. Most of your friends never showed up, leaving you to wait at the bar for at least an hour. You didn't want to leave the meet-up location that your friends had set in fear that you'd miss them, but the longer you waited, the more apparent it became that they weren't going to be showing up.

It didn't make you the happiest that they blew you off, but you decided not to let it get you down. Instead you downed a few drinks and made your way to the dance floor, losing yourself in the melodic music blaring through the speakers of the club. You danced by yourself and unintentionally with a few guys and girls alike. They just so happened to be in the same area as you started to feel yourself and got lost in the rhythm you'd maintained with your hips.

The club was filled with different colors from the ever changing lights, first red, then blue, sometimes yellow and a few times green. Your eyes were closed most of the time, never looking around the room to see who had been surrounding you. Honestly, you didn't need to. You were enjoying yourself without anyone else having to be a part of your fun. It wasn't until you felt the burning sensation of a pair of eyes scanning your skin that you opened your own, peering around the medium sized space to try to catch whoever was watching you so closely. You had almost wrote off your own feelings as the alcohol getting to you before you turned around and saw him, standing across the room on a slightly raised platform.

You immediately recognized him when you saw him. A genuine smile spread across your face, making him return the gesture. In that moment you wished you hadn't seen him in a club, old memories of what almost was flooded your mind. All you wanted in this moment was to sit down and talk to him, catch up, maybe see who was lucky enough to sleep next to him every night. You knew it'd be hard to do in the setting you were in. It's always hard to hear in the club for obvious reasons. But, still, the desire to reach him and just have a short conversation built up inside of you until you thought of a plan to make it happen in the noisy club.

Still having his attention, you lifted a hand, stretching a finger out in his direction to bring it back in towards your upwards palm, signaling him to follow you. When you saw him move forward you smirked before you turned around, leaving the crowded dance floor to head towards the back of the club where the bathrooms were. Luckily, the area was empty, giving you the opportunity to pull him into one of the rooms and lock the door behind you. When you turned back around, he was smiling at you with teeth as pearly white as you remember.

"It's been a while." was all he said. You nodded, walking over to the oversized sink and hopping onto the counter.

"Yeah, it has. I think the last time I spoke to you was about six months ago?" you asked.

"Uh huh, that was around the time you disappeared on me." he replied.

"I didn't! I had to get a new phone, I didn't have any of my old stuff including my number."

"Yeah, likely story." he said. Your jaw dropped in amusement as he laughed.

"So what have you been up to, Justin?" you asked him, preparing to get to the real question you wanted to ask. After-all, it is the whole reason you brought him here.

"Just... stuff. Nothing really new. What about you?" he asked, moving closer to where you sat. He stood in front of you at a little closer than a friendly distance, but you didn't mind.

"Same. So... no girlfriend?" you asked him. He chuckled and shook his head.

"No boyfriend?" he asked and you nodded. His eyebrows raised before low eyes and a slight frown overtook his face. You let out a laugh at his reaction.

"Mr.Prankster himself is still so easy to trick. No, I don't have a boyfriend." Thoughts of the time you and him were getting close started to flood your mind. He would always pull silly jokes on you. Whether it was pretending he was going to stand you up when you were supposed to meet up or being childish through messages. Ironically, he was always easy to pull jokes on as well. It didn't take much for you to get a call in the middle of the night asking what your message meant exactly.

You guys were barely out of the texting and "he's just a friend" stage before your contact ceased. You were to blame, of course, but he wasn't exactly the easiest person to reach since you'd met him randomly at a store. You didn't have any mutual friends and you never swapped social medias so when you lost your phone, you lost him, but you were glad that you finally found him.

He smiled before running his tongue across his bottom lip as he looked at you. The urge to have him standing in between your legs as your mouths connected was beginning to grow stronger. There was always something about him that you really liked but you could never pinpoint it. Maybe it's just everything about him that made your attraction to him so high.

"So we're both single..." he started, moving closer until he was right in the spot where you wanted him, palms resting flat on the counter on the outside of your thighs. He face got closer to yours until you were close enough to hear each other breathing. "You wanna pick up where we left off?" he asked, voice low and eyes scanning your brown skin. Words became foreign to you in that moment. The mix of liquor and finally being in the presence of a man that attracted you so much overwhelming you. You leaned forward a tiny bit, connecting your lips to his, immediately gaining a reaction from him. His hands ran across your skin from your thighs up to your waist as you shared the first kiss you'd had since you met. It probably wasn't the right timing or setting, but to you it was perfect. To finally be reconnected with this man made your night. Now you were glad it turned out the way that it had.

Justin pulled away from the kiss, his bottom lip slowly dragging behind as you lightly bit it before letting it snap back into place. He smiled. His gaze moved from your lips up to your eyes.

"I'm guessing that's a yes?" he asked. You smiled and nodded your head before pulling him into you again, starting another heated kiss.

tell me, is that deja vu? cause, baby, this ain't nothing new.

-

so, i could've definitely wrote a better imagine for this song but im trash so 🙃

question: how are you guys liking deja vu & the rest of his recent collabs. i personally love them all & it's sickening.