Ma Meilleure Amie | part 2

y/f/n = your friend's name

-

When you woke up the next morning, Justin wasn't in the bed next to you like you assumed he would be. Thus confused you. You didn't know whether he stayed the night at y/f/n's house or if he was downstairs somewhere, but you were hoping it was the second one. You don't think you could handle the possibility of your two best friends sleeping together first thing in the morning. Especially when he just decided to ask her out last night.

You got out of bed and went to the bathroom. You quickly emptied your bladder and, after washing your hands, you brushed your teeth using the toothbrush that Justin bought since you slept over so much. You got one of his spare towels and washed your face before messing with your hair, trying to make it look as presentable as it could after sleeping on it without any protection. Afterwards, you left the bathroom and headed downstairs to search for your best friend.

The first place you looked was the kitchen. You knew that if Justin was awake this early he'd be stuffing his face with something and you were right. The minute you walked into the kitchen you saw him sitting at the island, hair disheveled with his torso bare, eating a bowl of cereal as he looked at his phone.

"Good morning." you said as you went into his refrigerator, deciding to get yourself a glass of juice. You were planning on leaving soon so you'd grab something to eat at your house.

"Good morning sleepyhead." he said, making a small smile spread on your face as you got a glass out of the cabinet. You poured yourself half a glass of juice before putting it back and taking a seat next to your messy-haired friend.

"What are you looking at?" you asked, leaning over slightly to peek at his phone. On it was a picture of you and him from a couple of months ago.

"Just.. going through my pictures." he said. He scrolled to another picture of the two of you that was even older.

"Oh my God! I can't believe you still have that!" you said. It was from a party soooo long ago that you didn't even remember exactly when it was. Both of you were sticking your tongue out at the camera, probably too drunk to even take a normal picture.

"I still have videos from that night, too." he told you. You took a sip of your juice before responding.

"Why?" you asked him.

"I don't know, I just like keeping stuff like that to look back on." he said, shrugging. He locked his phone afterwards and finished the last of his cereal before getting up and going to the sink. He ran water in the bowl and you knew it was to flush the milk out of it. He never drank the leftover milk when he ate cereal and it always bothered you. It's just wasteful.

Your mind drifted off, focusing on nothing specifically as you continued to drink your juice. A bunch of mini-thoughts, daydreams, and brief memories passed through your mind as you sat there. You kept drinking your juice until there was none left but you didn't notice, being too into all of the crazy things in your head. The only thing that managed to gain your attention away from them was Justin. When he spoke all of your thoughts went away and your head snapped towards him.

"So, do you want to.. go somewhere today?" he asked. You quickly shook your head.

"I was actually going to leave soon." You absentmindedly went to take another sip of juice but quickly noticed that your glass was empty. You moved from the spot next to Justin and went to the sink to wash your glass out and the bowl and spoon he'd just used while you were at it before putting everything away.

"You don't have to, you know, we could hang out." he told you. You dried your hands and turned around to meet his stare.

"I thought you'd be hanging out with y/f/n today." you said. He just shook his head. "Well when is your date with her then? She did say yes, right?" you asked him. He hesitated before he answered.