Crop Tops | BLURB

"No, no, no, no, no. Absolutely not." I heard Justin's voice say as I walked into the door. I held the heavy paper bag full of groceries for tonight's dinner. I rolled my eyes as I walked to the kitchen. I just knew he had found some dumb reason to be upset today. As I removed the groceries from the bag I heard frantic footsteps that I knew could only be Justin. He walked into the kitchen like he was a special agent on a top-secret mission with nothing but distress and worry in his eyes.

"Hey, babe." I told him.

"Get your daughter, y/n. She's lost it." he said. Y/d/n walked in shortly after him. She rolled her eyes when she saw him but immediately smiled when she looked at me, walking over to me to give me a kiss.

"Hey, ma." she said before kissing my cheek.

"Hey, baby... Now, Justin, how is she losing it again?" I asked. My baby girl seemed perfectly normal and not in one of her teenager moods today so I don't know what had Justin so riled up.

"Are you kidding? Look at what she's trying to leave the house in." He had one arm raised and straightened to point at y/d/n as he spoke. I looked at her as she just stood there, letting me look over her. She was wearing a black t-shirt she'd cut shorter and a pair of sweats with sneakers. I wasn't sure what Justin had a problem with.

"What's wrong with i- where are you going anyway?" I said, first talking to Justin then directing the question to our daughter.

"I'm going to the mall with Dana and Ashely. Can I take your car?" y/d/n asked.

"Yeah, sure. Go have fun." I told her. She grabbed my keys and left before her father had the chance to protest since he was too busy yelling at me.

"What's wrong with it?! Did you even notice her shirt?!"

"Um... the crop top?" I asked, going back to taking the groceries out of the bag.

"Yes, the crop top. It's showing half her body!" I tilted my head back and let out a loud laugh before I turned to him.

"At you serious right now? You're upset because she's wearing a crop top?" I asked him.

"She's 16!" he yelled.

"Yes, and she's almost 17, then she'll be 18 and can legally move out. Your point?"

"She's too young to be wearing clothes that are so revealing. What's wrong with a regular t-shirt?" he asked, pouting like the big baby he is. I swear the older y/d/n gets, the more frequent his little freak-outs happen. She's getting older and I can tell it's freaking him out. Pretty soon she'll be out of the house, living her life, and it'll just be us again. I don't think he's ready for it.

"Crop tops are trendy. Have been for years.. even I was wearing a crop top when we met. You didn't have such a problem with them then." I smirked at him as he moved closer to me, putting both hands on my waist.

"Well, that's different. I just don't want my baby gir-"

"See. That's the problem. She's not a "baby girl" anymore and that's the real problem." I told him. He still had that sad puppy dog look in his eyes. I hate that look. It always made me want to stop whatever I was doing and cuddle him to death. He sighed before laying his head on my shoulder.

"I just don't like that she's growing up. She'll always be my baby girl." he said. I ran my fingers through the short hair on the back of his head as we stood there.

"Then what am I?" I asked him.

"You're my baby. Always." he kissed the side of my neck and I smiled. He always knew what to say in any situation.

"Then c'mon. Help your baby make dinner then we can look at y/d/n's baby pictures and cry about how old we are."

"When wine be involved?" he asked after lifting his head up to look at me. I laughed and gave him a kiss.

"Of course. Now come on." We spent the night as promised, cooking, drinking wine and looking at old pictures of our baby girl. We cried, even though Justin will swear until his funeral that he wasn't. We reminisced on the day we met and our early dates all the way up to our wedding day. It lasted way beyond dinner and y/d/n coming on, making it an all night thing. We fell asleep on the couch, laughing and smiling about the past and how things had changed. It was one of my favorite nights we've ever spent together. And it would've never even happened if it wasn't for a stupid crop top.

-
yeah, idk sorry. :/